The Arbroath Thread

What’s your thoughts on Sheerin as a manager? Rumoured to be in the mix for the Falkirk job.
Legend at Arbroath.

Had a good eye for attacking football at the expense of defending.

But has been coaching at Aberdeen for a good few years now so may have worked on how to be better defensively.

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Greenock it is again. There must be a better boozer than the Norseman for us to go pre match 

Stay on the train past Cartsdyke to Greenock Central which has six pubs within a 5 minute walk, or to Greenock West which has four within a 5 minute walk. Then you'll have options ranging from your chain type pubs to old man pubs which unlike the Norseman actually have a ceiling, several of them showing football. There'll be a train back to Cartsdyke from them at about 2:40.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Stay on the train past Cartsdyke to Greenock Central which has six pubs within a 5 minute walk, or to Greenock West which has four within a 5 minute walk. Then you'll have options ranging from your chain type pubs to old man pubs which unlike the Norseman actually have a ceiling, several of them showing football. There'll be a train back to Cartsdyke from them at about 2:40.

For a second of two visits one could even mix it up by staying on all the way to Gourock. Seaside pub crawl and grab a decent fish supper for the train back to Cartsdyke.

Or, if you want to revist the early 1980s, get off at Port Glasgow for a pint instead

13 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

What’s your thoughts on Sheerin as a manager? Rumoured to be in the mix for the Falkirk job.

The football won't be dull,  that's for sure

We were the Galichticos under him. A simple formula, score more goals than them! A great manager. A shame he won’t be playing as he was a big asset on the field for us.

On 21/05/2021 at 20:58, Peter LaFleur said:

Just have a look at our results from his first two seasons in charge. Some very high scoring wins. All out attack. He was also a brilliant player for us. Lost his way a little in his final season but I think some of that was down to off the field issues. Overall, a fantastic manager and player for Arbroath, don’t think you’ll find many /any who have a bad word to say about him.

He would certainly have you playing an exciting brand of attacking football.

Now, really honestly. It was great to have Sheerin presiding over a fantastically successful league winning team playing “we’ll score more than you” football. But a large part of his success was built on his own abilities on the pitch plus the ex-St Johnstone players he brought with him. So, although me and all Arbroath fans love him dearly, the jury’s out on his long term future as a manager. Would I have him back if Dick retired? Of course.

On 21/05/2021 at 08:42, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Agree, i even told Dee fans at my work i want them to stay down for next season so we can make money of them plus 2 great days up there for the Red Lichtie support plus probably they will have a better chance of being league Champions next season.

Smokies and Wine, 36-0.

Also if killie go down that will be extra penny's for both Ayr and QOS 

So 🤞come on Killie.🇱🇻

Go easy on us next season guys, hopefully I can get to Gayfield next season with my girlfriend's dad, looking forward to a pint in Tutties.
Enjoy your summer.

Looking forward to Rugby Park. A good stadium . Last time there, Killie were in Europe and Allie McCoist was playing (sort of).
Any chance you’ll get the grass back?