The Arbroath Thread

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Doolan / Whatley / Swankie / Gallagher I’m guessing. Maybe keep Swankie as player coach. But also had 6 loans. 

I dunno why but would put money on Trouten ending up here. We’ve tried to get him before I think. Think DC would like a season with him.

If we could sign Trouten that would be superb as i have been a big fan of him for years going back to his Brechin City days when DC was his Manager, a player like Paul Ritchie and currently Kevin O'Hara who you could put money on scoring against us but i heard that when DC tried to sign him for us he said he was at an age that he wanted a central belt club for less travelling to training/home games etc, hopefully he changes his mind and wants to stay in the Championship.

I would be keeping Gav Swankie, heard he wants into coaching and at his age he might be happy to play a "bit-part", DC likes a close squad and no bad apples in the huff if not playing so you do need a couple players on the bench ready and waiting to go on if required and i would put Swanks in that category plus he could still do a job if required.

36-0.

On 06/05/2021 at 01:04, 1320Lichtie said:

Every week that goes by the part time full time thing doesn’t seem like such a big deal to me. We are just as good and just as fit. I think the full time teams, the decent ones anyway, all seem to have a couple of good quality players in attacking positions, guys that can win them games whereas we don’t have as many. Guys like Bobby Linn etc. But overall as a squad we can definitely compete and were just as good. Need the right loans in in attacking areas to complement our team and we’ll be ok again next year I think.

Congratulations on retaining you,re status in the championship,well deserved.I also agree that Arbroath players are at least as good and fit as a lot of the full time teams but those full time teams do enjoy loads of advantages over you.The fact that they keep hiring the same old deadwood to manage themselves is why good part time sides like yourselves are as good on the park.Best of luck for next season.

Very happy to have Low signed up. Been what we've been missing in a creative sense. Could be our most important player next season. A lot has been said about he's injury prone, but we've had to deal with injuries this season (some long term). If, unfortunately, he does have bouts of injury, then we'll just deal with it. 

Arbroath Football Club + Macron

Arbroath Football Club are delighted to announce a brand new partnership in our kit history as we team with iconic sports brand Macron

Macron are associated with football clubs all over the world including Bologna where Macron was created in 1971 and are the European leaders in Active Sportswear and more importantly have a dominance in Scottish football.

Celebrating their 50th year, Arbroath FC are delighted to be the newest member of the Macron Family.

This new relationship will see Arbroath team up with the Macron Store in Dundee which after opening in 2014 as Richmond Sport became a full partner with Macron in 2019.

Macron offer an high quality product as well as unparalleled stock infrastructure and offer sizes from 4XS to 5XL which is something we know is vitally important to our supporters. For the first time ever we will also be able a special range especially for Women.

Mike Caird Arbroath FC chairman said “I’m delighted that the Club have managed to secure a new kit partnership with Macron. Its an exciting time at the Club having just secured another year in the Championship and I know the new replica kit and leisure wear will prove very popular with our supporters”

Andrea Palilla, Macron’s UK Country Manager added: “Macron is very happy to welcome Arbroath FC in our growing family and we can’t wait to see the Hero logo in the club’s iconic shirts in the Championship next season.

A special thanks goes to William at Macron Store Dundee who worked tirelessly with the club to provide a package, platform and product for the club that will meet their kit needs and also help build upon their vision and aspirations for the future.”

William Richmond, Macron Store Dundee Manager & Co-founder: “We are delighted to be working with a club with the history, prestige, and ambition of Arbroath FC.

Gayfield is a beautiful place to play football, and the perfect platform to showcase the Macron brand. Over the past few months, it has been great working so closely with the team here at Arbroath to deliver a kit package that works for, and meet the demands of, a Championship team.

By being based in Dundee – we are perfectly placed to provide an efficient, local, and comprehensive service to Arbroath FC, with the full support, backing and resource of the international powerhouse that is Macron.”

As a company Macron are leading the way in reducing carbon emissions, including development of recycled eco-fabrics and packaging.

With the Macron Store Dundee only 17 miles from Gayfield we really are shopping locally and with in house production it means our kit needs will always be able to be met quickly.

We have already forged a really great relationship with William and the team at Macron Store Dundee and we have created a bespoke package which has met our needs and we can’t wait to share them with you.

Follow Macron Store Dundee on;

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/macrondundee/

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/macrondundee/

or visit their website https://macronstoredundee.com/

Watch out this weekend for the first look of our new kit!

C’mon the Lichties

Macron.png

On 06/05/2021 at 19:05, keptie said:

Nicky Low is a great signing he has looked the part on his showings for us, good on the ball  and for someone who is apparently injury prone he isn't afraid to get stuck in. Looking good.

Not only good on the ball, wanted the ball, doesn't treat the ball as an enemy 

I was slightly critical of the Low signing when he was brought in as I thought he was bound to be unfit and would have lost a fair bit of his ability due to injury and dropping down to non-league with Shire. Oh how wrong I was. Even though he was undoubtably not quite up to speed fitness wise in the first couple of games, his natural ability and attitude proved me wrong pretty quickly. I guess that’s one of a million-and-one reasons why Dick is the boss and I’m not, he can certainly pick a player, especially in midfield.

Should be a massive player for us for the next two years. Already feeling confident that we’ll have another great season.

For the 3rd season in a row a striker must be our priority. If campbell is looking for 5-6 players i would imagine a couple of strikers, couple of wingers and defensive minded midfielder/utility defender would be what we’re looking for, we’re certainly not short of hard working midfielders.

A new kit deal & the signing of low is a great way of signing off the season after staying up. Hopefully we keep the good times rolling [emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1145]

Arbroath FC + Macron - 2021 / 2022 New Kit Reveal

We are delighted to reveal our new Macron Home and Away Kits for the 2021 / 2022 Season and our third in the Scottish Championship. 

Our Home kit keeps with our traditional and iconic maroon and white, whilst we revert back to black for our new Away kit, which echoes the kit that was worn on that memorable afternoon we won the League One Title in 2018 / 2019 and was one of our best ever sellers and a real fan’s favourite.

The excitement and interest shown after our teaser videos has been more than we had hoped for.   After a challenging 14 months of not being able to attend games we wanted to share our exciting news with you as soon as we possibly could.

In the next few days we shall release full details on the different sizes available, pricing and how you can place your pre-orders and be the first in line to get our new kit when they go on sale in June.

In addition to our new Home and Away Kits which will come in a large selection of sizes, this season we will also be launching new training and leisure wear which will for the first time will also come in Women’s sizes which will allow all Lichties to show their support in all weather and environments. 

We really do hope all our fans are as excited as we are for our new partnership with Macron. 

Detailed images of the kit and training gear will continue to be released this weekend. 

Thank you to William Richmond and the team at Macron Store Dundee for working so hard on our new partnership. 

C'mon the Lichties!

13 minutes ago, Gayfield said:

Arbroath FC + Macron - 2021 / 2022 New Kit Reveal

We are delighted to reveal our new Macron Home and Away Kits for the 2021 / 2022 Season and our third in the Scottish Championship. 

Our Home kit keeps with our traditional and iconic maroon and white, whilst we revert back to black for our new Away kit, which echoes the kit that was worn on that memorable afternoon we won the League One Title in 2018 / 2019 and was one of our best ever sellers and a real fan’s favourite.

The excitement and interest shown after our teaser videos has been more than we had hoped for.   After a challenging 14 months of not being able to attend games we wanted to share our exciting news with you as soon as we possibly could.

In the next few days we shall release full details on the different sizes available, pricing and how you can place your pre-orders and be the first in line to get our new kit when they go on sale in June.

In addition to our new Home and Away Kits which will come in a large selection of sizes, this season we will also be launching new training and leisure wear which will for the first time will also come in Women’s sizes which will allow all Lichties to show their support in all weather and environments. 

We really do hope all our fans are as excited as we are for our new partnership with Macron. 

Detailed images of the kit and training gear will continue to be released this weekend. 

Thank you to William Richmond and the team at Macron Store Dundee for working so hard on our new partnership. 

C'mon the Lichties!

Edited by ahfpjim

13 minutes ago, ahfpjim said:

Is this not more of a red colour rather than maroon. Just look at the badge next to the shirt .

Just watched the video and it looks like a nicer, darker, less pink maroon than our last few kits to me.