The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I remember it being mcmanus that hit that bar,
Don't remember finishing bottom, but lost in play offs to Queens Park, don't think the collapse was that bad to.end up bottom

No, I said Montrose finished bottom, we scraped a playoff after being miles ahead at the turn of the year.

No, I said Montrose finished bottom, we scraped a playoff after being miles ahead at the turn of the year.

Aye, and then lost to a last minute extra time goal at Hampden. IIRC we won twice from January to May. We beat Clyde 3-1 and Berwick 5-1. I think Ricky might have scored from half way against Berwick

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye, and then lost to a last minute extra time goal at Hampden. IIRC we won twice from January to May. We beat Clyde 3-1 and Berwick 5-1. I think Ricky might have scored from half way against Berwick

Imagine if we’d won the playoff and faced a season in League 1 with Lumsden in charge. Would we have even won a game?

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Certainly would have struggled.

Actually, in hindsight it was a blessing in disguise that we lost the playoff. Things would have been very different and we might never have got Dick Campbell.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Michael McKenna on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties loss to in form Queen of the South at Gayfield yesterday. Michael made it 2 goals in 2 games after converting a 1st half penalty to maintain his 100% record from the spot in maroon. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

DEB28890-DC2F-4B08-8FF2-140165AB02D1.png

It went a bit unnoticed I think but it really is tremendous news that Ricky has agreed and signed a new 2 year deal
Fantastic news. He should get his testimonial which is well deserved. One of my favourite Lichties and ever present in the League 1 winning team.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

It went a bit unnoticed I think but it really is tremendous news that Ricky has agreed and signed a new 2 year deal

Amazing when did that happen? Usually the club are brilliant at announcing stuff like that on the social media pages 🇱🇻🙌⚽

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Yes!

Considering where he lives as well - not that its the end of the world, but with a family,etc, you wonder if finding a local club etc might have been on his mind. An absolute legend, 100% committed and a good guy too.

Edited by Kejan

7 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Amazing when did that happen? Usually the club are brilliant at announcing stuff like that on the social media pages 🇱🇻🙌⚽

During the game on Saturday, folk who couldn’t get logged on probably missed it

5 years since Team Campbell arrived. A lot has happened in that time, 2 league titles, 2 seasons in full-time dominated Championship (hoping to make that 3), a number of very good players bought in to join the few decent ones we had when he joined. Happy to gloss over some of the poor signings though.

Certainly been a great time to be a lichtie following Dick's appointment.