The Arbroath Thread

Tomorrow night is Dundee v Ayr and ICT v Alloa and although we should just concentrate on ourselves any Red Lichtie fan who would not want Dundee and ICT wins is beyond me.

Same as last week i was wanting ICT to beat QOTS as with their games in hand and squad they have i am convinced come the end of the season ICT will be in the top 5 and QOTS will not be.

Fair enough both the Queens and Moton had fantastic weekend results but the bottom 5 will be Red Lichties, QOTS, Ayr, Morton, Alloa hopefully in that order.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

All depends what Adolf Sturgeon says tomorrow

Careful, it's going to be a difficult week for the FM, and you know how touchy they get about such things, so play nice

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Tomorrow night is Dundee v Ayr and ICT v Alloa and although we should just concentrate on ourselves any Red Lichtie fan who would not want Dundee and ICT wins is beyond me.

Same as last week i was wanting ICT to beat QOTS as with their games in hand and squad they have i am convinced come the end of the season ICT will be in the top 5 and QOTS will not be.

Fair enough both the Queens and Moton had fantastic weekend results but the bottom 5 will be Red Lichties, QOTS, Ayr, Morton, Alloa hopefully in that order.

Defeat for Alloa, ta

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

You seem upset

I’m certainly not upset, just can’t believe how thick some people are. Let’s risk fucking up all the good work being done - all because you want to go to the fitba, mental. I also can’t wait to get back to Gayfield but the sooner we get this virus under control, the sooner we get back to some kind of normality. A few more weeks is worth it in the long run IMO.

Two draws would tighten things up nicely.

12 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Na, I’m with Punk on this one, wins for Dundee and ICT would be perfect. We must look to distance ourselves from the other clubs at the bottom. Part of me would love to close the gap on the teams above us but, being realistic, I would bite your hand off for 8th come the end of the season.

38 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I am also in for that 😁 would keep everything tight and the way abody else is playing means we have nothing to fear, We have a fantastic squad on an incredible run so where we finish is anyone’s guess 🇱🇻⚽🙌 obviously the goal is to consolidate but my heart tells me we could have another exciting run in and actually finish this season in style and finish what we started last season 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Na, I’m with Punk on this one, wins for Dundee and ICT would be perfect. We must look to distance ourselves from the other clubs at the bottom. Part of me would love to close the gap on the teams above us but, being realistic, I would bite your hand off for 8th come the end of the season.

We have to keep ahead of Alloa, that should always be our first objective

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Spot on i would accept 8th just now as well, that is not defeatist but a reality, this is not a normal season, we have less games, we are not a "surprise" package this season and i would go as far to say it is a stronger league this season than last season.

Yes we are a good run and hopefully can continue to score goals after a bad'ish start to the campaign but we really just need to stay in this league and hopefully everything is back to normal then re-group and start for real to see how high we can get up in the Championship starting next season.

My fear is we have a few bookings with our defenders and losing T.O.B./Ricky/Jason/Hammy say 2 out of that 4 "could" be a struggle for us as they with Gaston are our foundation and we could maybe replace one at a time but if we have 2 out the 4 suspended or injured then we could struggle so it is an "unusual" season so lets just make sure we are safe, so imo we should want the teams in the bottom 2 spots to lose as many points as possible.

8 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Spot on i would accept 8th just now as well, that is not defeatist but a reality, this is not a normal season, we have less games, we are not a "surprise" package this season and i would go as far to say it is a stronger league this season than last season.

Yes we are a good run and hopefully can continue to score goals after a bad'ish start to the campaign but we really just need to stay in this league and hopefully everything is back to normal then re-group and start for real to see how high we can get up in the Championship starting next season.

My fear is we have a few bookings with our defenders and losing T.O.B./Ricky/Jason/Hammy say 2 out of that 4 "could" be a struggle for us as they with Gaston are our foundation and we could maybe replace one at a time but if we have 2 out the 4 suspended or injured then we could struggle so it is an "unusual" season so lets just make sure we are safe, so imo we should want the teams in the bottom 2 spots to lose as many points as possible.

Exactly, it's not defeatist at all. The way this league is going it will be very, very tight come the end of the season so every point and goal could be vital. I would much rather get daylight between us and, say Morton or Ayr than how things are at the moment. Also I definitely don't want to risk finishing 9th with a playoff against Cove, Falkirk or Montrose. All three are scoring much more than us and I doubt that will change before the end of the season - how many games have we dominated this season without the scoreline reflecting it? It might not get to that though if League's 1 and 2 are canned in the next few weeks as I guess there would be no relegation from the Championship then.

I think all of our back four have 4 bookings each. Six is a suspension, so very likely they are coming before the end of the season.

All teams will have suspensions so its swings and roundabouts, players will also be aware when they are walking a tightrope, as stated we have just got to hope they dont come in the same game. A Dundee win and a draw at Inverness will do us nicely, cant see Dundee getting drawn into it, Ayr dont seem to be playing well and it will be good to keep Inverness in the scrap, more teams involved the better. 

11 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I think all of our back four have 4 bookings each. Six is a suspension, so very likely they are coming before the end of the season.

It's only a suspension if they get them in the first 18 games. You've played 17. They're not getting suspended on bookings unless they make it to 12 bookings before match 25. Which would mean getting booked in each of the next 8 fixtures!

You can stop worrying.

It's only a suspension if they get them in the first 18 games. You've played 17. They're not getting suspended on bookings unless they make it to 12 bookings before match 25. Which would mean getting booked in each of the next 8 fixtures!
You can stop worrying.

Thanks.