The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, ecto said:

I have this nagging feeling that only taking two points from the home games v QoS, Morton and Alloa earlier in the season, might come back and bite us

The ball is in our court and survival is in our own hands, add to that we are a better all round team now i think we have a chance of staying up.

I reckon if we had scored the equalizer in the last minute to get a point today everybody would have been buzzing.

36-0.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - VOTE

There is still time to vote for your TASC Social Media Man of the Match after the Lichties 1-1 draw with Alloa yesterday which extended our unbeaten run to 6 games and moved us to 7th in the table. To vote go to either the Facebook or Twitter page. Voting closes today at 5pm with the result announced at 5.30 [emoji1145]

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3861776377193004/?d=n

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - VOTE

There is still time to vote for your TASC Social Media Man of the Match after the Lichties 1-1 draw with Alloa yesterday which extended our unbeaten run to 6 games and moved us to 7th in the table. To vote go to either the Facebook or Twitter page. Voting closes today at 5pm with the result announced at 5.30 [emoji1145]

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3861776377193004/?d=n

A first for me, but McKenna had a great match - well like the rest, a great first 75 minutes.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Jason Thomson on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 1-1 draw with Alloa Athletic at a snowy Indodrill Stadium yesterday. JT worked tirelessly up and down the right side and has deservedly secured his 1st award of the 20/21 season. Thanks to all who voted [emoji1145]

IMG_6131.jpg

Feel gutted for Gav Swankie who looks to be out for the rest of the season after breaking his ankle at work.

I really do hope we see him in a Red Lichtie shirt again and his career is not finished with AFC going out like this.

Never realised he was as old as 37 years old, i thought more about the 35 years old mark.

Although he was not getting a lot of game time lately when he was called upon he done well in the games with his skill and experience and he was always a goal threat or setting up an assist.

Gav has been a great player for the Red Lichties over the years and i was at Cappielow when he scored his debut goal against Clydebank with a great piece of skill and a volleyed goal, and imo will go down as a AFC legend, still think he is great squad member and i hope he is still with us next season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0. 

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Feel gutted for Gav Swankie who looks to be out for the rest of the season after breaking his ankle at work.

I really do hope we see him in a Red Lichtie shirt again and his career is not finished with AFC going out like this.

Never realised he was as old as 37 years old, i thought more about the 35 years old mark.

Although he was not getting a lot of game time lately when he was called upon he done well in the games with his skill and experience and he was always a goal threat or setting up an assist.

Gav has been a great player for the Red Lichties over the years and i was at Cappielow when he scored his debut goal against Clydebank with a great piece of skill and a volleyed goal, and imo will go down as a AFC legend, still think he is great squad member and i hope he is still with us next season.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0. 

Well said mate 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Been a fantastic player for us over the years and hopefully we will see him in the maroon once again, Would be an absolute crime to go out that way and not on his own terms, great guy too

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

28 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Queens winning at Inverness tonight is very bad for us.

I don’t think it is mate tbh, All it does is bring ICT more into the mix, Amazingly they haven’t won a game since end of November 😳 and are having real massive problems on and off the pitch, We are on a brilliant run and shouldn’t be worrying about other teams anyway as we have a fantastic squad and hitting form at the right time in the season. I think Alloa will ultimately be the ones to go down but really anyone from Dundee down to Inverness could finish 9th it’s that crazy. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

#ThrowbackThursday

Just as last Thursday this weeks Throwback is a question for Lichties supporters. What was your first ever Arbroath game you attended? Can you remember the season? The score? The scorers? Do you have a lasting memory from that day? Let us know in the comments [emoji1145]

Dont think it was that bad a result either, from what i have seen recently I think ourselves and QOTS are playing well and fighting with Cale, Morton and Alloa not looking great.

I just think either of the other two results would have been better. Caley 4 games in hand. I can’t see them being bottom half.

We seem to have a much more settled team now and a striker that can score which were 2 of our main problems solved. Our next issue we need to solve is seeing out games and finishing off teams especially the ones around us, we’ve dropped so many points against alloa, QOS and caley.