The Arbroath Thread

A well deserved win today, to continue a run of better performances and results in the past few weeks. Last 3 games - 5 points and 4 goals.... hardly world beating stuff but a considerable improvement and suddenly Morton and QotS don't seem that far ahead again, and I still firmly believe the 3 of us and Alloa have very little between us.

For me, the biggest positive from today was how we performed after going a goal up. That's been the biggest difference in terms of how we've had to play games this season, with us rarely getting infront and therefore not being able to defend a lead much. We saw last year how well we can play a game when in that position, regardless of the opposition, and with us looking to have a few more goals in us now I'm confident if we can start to get a wee bit of luck and better finishing and start getting ahead more often, there won't be many times we let that lead slip.

After way we’ve been playing, from the Ayr game onwards, I’m quite confident too. Hearts away can be forgotten about but the rest have been pretty encouraging. Been pretty unlucky not to have a few more points on the board. 

Itll all go tits up now

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - VOTE

There is still time for you to vote for your TASC Social Media Man of the Match after our Lichties deserved 1-0 win in Greenock yesterday. To vote pop over to the social media pages. Voting closes this evening at 5pm with the result announced at 5.30 [emoji1145]

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3826024024101573/?d=n

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Jack Hamilton on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties deserved 1-0 win against Greenock Morton yesterday. The newest Lichtie signed on Friday, scored on Saturday and has now picked up his first fan award on Sunday. A very nice weekends work. Thanks to all who voted

Welcome Lewis Moore

Arbroath FC are delighted to announce the signing of winger Lewis Moore who joins the club on loan from Heart of Midlothian.

Arbroath FC would like to thank Heart of Midlothian and especially Head Coach Robbie Neilson for their co-operation in allowing Lewis to join Arbroath.

Lewis, who is 22 signed a new two year extension to his contract in June at Tynecastle has come through the youth teams at Heart of Midlothian and also gained experience whilst on loan at Cowdenbeath, Forfar Athletic and Falkirk and actually has scored against Arbroath twice whilst on loan at Forfar Athletic in the 2018/2019 season.

With an attacking mindset Lewis will bolster our attacking threat and we look forward to seeing him in action!

Welcome to the club!

C’mon the Lichties

Lewis Moore - Web.jpg

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Left or right winger?

He's right sided but has played most of his football at Hearts on the left wing. Capable of playing as a wing back as well.

He showed up quite well under Daniel Stendel last season and made big contributions to wins over Hibs and Rangers.

It's probably fair to say that Neilson doesn't rate him however as he's not made any first team appearances this season to my knowledge and indeed has rarely been on the bench.

Ruth won’t be getting near the Aberdeen team just now so I guess they were disappointed with game time and have recalled him. If League 1 and 2 restart then I expect him be loaned out to a side in they divisions
Dont think any more loans can be made outside the transfer windows.

Ruth is a strange one, I cant really think of him doing anything special, did he score a goal or assist? but agree there was something about him and like Connor Smith he just didnt get the chance to play long enough. 

I think we have had a decent window though.

Welcome Lewis Moore
Arbroath FC are delighted to announce the signing of winger Lewis Moore who joins the club on loan from Heart of Midlothian.
Arbroath FC would like to thank Heart of Midlothian and especially Head Coach Robbie Neilson for their co-operation in allowing Lewis to join Arbroath.
Lewis, who is 22 signed a new two year extension to his contract in June at Tynecastle has come through the youth teams at Heart of Midlothian and also gained experience whilst on loan at Cowdenbeath, Forfar Athletic and Falkirk and actually has scored against Arbroath twice whilst on loan at Forfar Athletic in the 2018/2019 season.
With an attacking mindset Lewis will bolster our attacking threat and we look forward to seeing him in action!
Welcome to the club!
C’mon the Lichties
1607733477_LewisMoore-Web.thumb.jpg.842e845be916475d7d1d1e09fe581289.jpg

Welcome to the club Lewis [emoji1145]