The Arbroath Thread

I'm all for playing it a bit safer a way from home and play with the 5 in the middle of the park, but even after the poor start we have had there has been no one to be scared in this league,
We need to pick up points especially at home, if you have 2 of Craigen, Miko, Whatley sitting in the middle of the park we could easily put 2 up front, what 2 deserve to start up front I have no idea but as things stand we don't score enough so it would be nice freshen is up,

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Derek Gaston on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 1-0 defeat against Dundee yesterday. The Arbroath number 1 received 100% of the supporters vote after he pulled off a string of top class saves and looked assured throughout as our Lichties were unlucky not to come away from Dens Park with at least a point. Thanks to all who voted [emoji1145]

https://www.facebook.com/272000992837245/posts/3682302278473749/?d=n

Miko picked up a knock early in the first half,stretching for a ball.Must have tried to run it off but didn't work.

Miko was horrendous yesterday. Not sure if he was subbed because he picked up a knock or Dick seen how bad he was playing. Based on yesterday he shouldn’t start against Alloa next week

What's gone wrong this season so far? On paper it's a pretty decent squad you guys have. 

1. Chopping and changing the starting 11 too much

2. Few players haven’t performed at the same they did last season

3. We haven’t addressed our main issue from last season in that we dont have a good enough striker

19 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

With the shorter season and us struggling to score goals it looks like we are in a dog fight with Alloa and Queens and maybe Morton at the bottom.

I think we still create chances but are just struggling to put them away hence i still think DC has to now play 2 up front with Doolan being the main  striker but he needs help and he should concentrate being in and about the penalty area but when he gets no help he is having to come looking for the ball and the amount of times we see crosses going in the box and no AFC player there is frustrating.

Still think we have good players and am confident in our squad but i do think DC has to change our approach to try and get goals and points on the board as at the moment we do not have a Wighton type striker who would sneak us 1-0 or 2-1 victories.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.  

Dick to be asking about Hester in January?

Hester haha

I don't think we are playing that badly in all honesty, hopefully get the first win this weekend and kick on a bit, scoring goals is obviously the main problem, but I don't see the others around us doing much better, early signs would indicate a dog fight with bottom 4.

A lot might not agree but I'd like to see McKenna play upfront again as part of a front 2, he is more mobile and aggressive and has more work rate than the likes of Donnelly and Doolan

His best season was up front with wallace, not a natural goalscorer but no one is so worth a shot

4 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

A lot might not agree but I'd like to see McKenna play upfront again as part of a front 2, he is more mobile and aggressive and has more work rate than the likes of Donnelly and Doolan

Superb shout, I was going to suggest this  as the last time we did him and Wallace more or less had the Season wrapped by Christmas, Even playing him just off Doolan Donnelly or Ruth would be class I reckon 🇱🇻 100% worth a shot and this is how I would like to see us lineup on Saturday 

Gaston

JT TOB Little Hammy

Linn Gold Swankie Stewart

Mckenna

Ruth

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

I'm all for playing it a bit safer a way from home and play with the 5 in the middle of the park, but even after the poor start we have had there has been no one to be scared in this league,
We need to pick up points especially at home, if you have 2 of Craigen, Miko, Whatley sitting in the middle of the park we could easily put 2 up front, what 2 deserve to start up front I have no idea but as things stand we don't score enough so it would be nice freshen is up,

We played best last season when Whatley and Miko played together in the middle of the park

On 07/12/2020 at 09:09, Thom & Gerry said:

Dick to be asking about Hester in January?

Apparently Dundee are in for him - can't remember if it was on here or on the Dark Blues forum I had read that we've spoke to Elgin already. 

Hope it's a load of shite tbh. 

Apparently Dundee are in for him - can't remember if it was on here or on the Dark Blues forum I had read that we've spoke to Elgin already. 
Hope it's a load of shite tbh. 
Very doubt he is going anywhere with the court case pending.

Good chance of him playing full time fot the prison team.

Superb shout, I was going to suggest this  as the last time we did him and Wallace more or less had the Season wrapped by Christmas, Even playing him just off Doolan Donnelly or Ruth would be class I reckon [emoji1145] 100% worth a shot and this is how I would like to see us lineup on Saturday 
Gaston
JT TOB Little Hammy
Linn Gold Swankie Stewart
             Mckenna
                 Ruth

Not sure that playing Goldie and Swankie there, gives anything like enough protection to the back 4, if Whatelys fit I would have him instead of Swanks