The Arbroath Thread

On 29/09/2020 at 17:40, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Simon, as always I agree with most of your points, but Mark Millar didn't invent or has nothing to do with Pixellot.   I'm pretty sure all he has done has just bought the camera system for Albion Rovers to use to stream their games. 

https://www.pixellot.tv/about-us/team/

I am sure LeodhasXD and Skyline Drifter have both mentioned in the thread about streaming matches that Pixellot cameras were meant to be installed last season at all Championship clubs by the SPFL  but the Pandemic stopped that.   I believe that League 1 and League 2 have to invest in the system themselves, so Mark Millar had donated the camera Albion Rovers which was then picked up by the mainstream media as a nice local boy comes back from Hollywood type of story that everyone loves!

Not quite. Pixellot cameras were always due to come in to the Championship in the summer. The pandemic didn't stop it at all. It's happened anyway and it's a happy coincidence for some clubs as it's allowed them the opportunity to use the system to stream, although it looks like that is actually only you and Alloa in the end.

Otherwise correct though. Lower division clubs are having to buy it which is a bit harsh. They'd almost certainly be cheaper doing it themselves if they have someone who knows what they are doing mind you.

On 29/09/2020 at 17:43, afc_36_0 said:

Surely the players dont need to take separate vehicles when they’re running about on a pitch together? Absolutely ludicrous if true

They do. They are subject to the same rules as everyone else. They are also not allowed a shower in the ground before they leave so I imagine they'll all be looking forward to a wet day in Inverness with a muddy pitch and a drive back down the road with no shower!

Dumfries / Ayr for your guys too I guess although at least with an artificial pitch they won't get muddy at ours.

Anyone else having an issue getting in to actually buy a ticket for the stream tonight? Constantly getting stuck on the front page

https://stirling-albion-fc.cleeng.com/betfred-cup-group-d-stirling-albion-v-arbroath/E182483242_GB?fbclid=IwAR3hn66uYi-w-a9u4a-ikoQ6XsnhYeWcU_1v3MF8kTCIh74NeE58yRYAqik

8 hours ago, Housecaptain said:

i have just tried it and the 1st page is about a programme ,go to the top of the page and I think you then click on Stirling Albion website and that takes you to sale of tickets for to-nights game .Hope this helps.

Just did it just now, only took 2 minutes