The Arbroath Thread

Thank you for your service.

You are still coming across as a complete c**t.

No mate you are at least the Argentine army had young lads yes 17 year olds fighting for there country. But we have 17 year old scum bags defacing property in Arbroath. I might be a complete c..t in your opinion but maybe just maybe if things like that come to your front door you might change your opinion

5 hours ago, gone fishing said:

Rotten eh mate when you were a spunk stain on the sheets I was fighting for this country. Falklands 1982 Iran 2003 done my shift for you liberal slap them on the wrist guys. 

:lol:

I can't believe I've been taken in by a parody account. The shame. 

On 03/06/2020 at 19:27, gone fishing said:

No mate you are at least the Argentine army had young lads yes 17 year olds fighting for there country. But we have 17 year old scum bags defacing property in Arbroath. I might be a complete c..t in your opinion but maybe just maybe if things like that come to your front door you might change your opinion

And you were happy to shoot 17 year old wee boys that were conscripted and forced to go to the Falklands . You are an utter moron 

12 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Hard to imagine getting anyone much better when they know they will be coming in as second choice

But is he coming as 2nd choice?,  we thought that last season, then it became obvious, he didn't

But is he coming as 2nd choice?,  we thought that last season, then it became obvious, he didn't

To be honest I always thought Gaston was going to end up as our starting keeper one way or another. If you look at Gallacher’s career (has only started more than 15 league games in a season twice) he’s very much a back-up. Has also played under DC before so a pretty safe punt IMO.

To be honest I always thought Gaston was going to end up as our starting keeper one way or another. If you look at Gallacher’s career (has only started more than 15 league games in a season twice) he’s very much a back-up. Has also played under DC before so a pretty safe punt IMO.

Agree always thought Gaston would be first choice eventually DJ would always start season as first choice just unfortunate he never got a chance again. Gallacher will play cup games at most I’d imagine solid back up imo

[emoji1145]" userid="78148"]IMG_1286.thumb.jpg.b1ef5a9b2f5b9998f43643248d87ffe3.jpg

Was superb for Alloa under Jack Ross in the Championship. Moved to be Saint’s Hib’s back-up keeper after that and I’ve been really surprised at how has career has developed since that. Thought he’d really kick on to be a top-end Champ / lower Prem keeper easily.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

The result was unsurprising. Lower league manager was never going to win.

Obviously not. The Scottish Football Writers have never given the award to a lower division manager in their history. The PFA Scotland have sometimes given their award to a manager outside the top League:

2018 Jack Ross, St Mirren, Championship
2016, Mark Warburton, Rangers, Championship
2013, Allan Johnston, Queen of the South, Second Division
2012, Derek Adams, Ross County, First Division
2011, John McGlynn, Raith Rovers, First Division

The PFA cancelled their awards this year though.

To be honest, as terrific a season as Arbroath have had, I'd have put Campbell 4th of the 4 nominees. Personally I'd have given it to either Robinson or Holt.

Nice gesture from club, reciprocated by fans, on season ticket refunds. The clubs seem about to agree to a 27 game season so I wonder how that might affect prices they all charge for season tickets. Organising and funding Covid 19 testing seems to be a major challenge for smaller clubs while managing smaller attendances/social distancing at actual games poses logistic as well as financial headaches.

I’m disappointed the opportunity has been lost for some league reorganisation - I would have liked divisions of at least 14. What is totally unacceptable is the proposal from Rangers (with tacit Celtic support) - even with healthy financial bribes, the lower leagues should not allow colt teams. I know it’s done in several European countries, but it devalues competition all the way down. I’d rather see the Old Firm out of Scottish football altogether - don’t care whether Atlantic or English league - but they could participate in a reserve league here.

Finally, that difficult second season (album or whatever). Last time we were in the Championship about 20 years ago (though it wasn’t called that), we enjoyed a storming first season but a miserable second. What needs to be done to avoid a repeat?