The Arbroath Thread

44 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The what? It's not a typo when you've done it three times!

And it couldn't be any more simple. The Premiership is treated differently because UEFA have dictated that top Leagues cannot be finished yet. As soon as they lift that diktat they will be treated the same.

Maybe he means the Société de Pneumologie de Langue Française -  the French Language Society of Pneumology

Makes sense that they would have a say

The what? It's not a typo when you've done it three times!
And it couldn't be any more simple. The Premiership is treated differently because UEFA have dictated that top Leagues cannot be finished yet. As soon as they lift that diktat they will be treated the same.

How did Belgium get round that then? Didn’t they finish last week?

2 hours ago, Mexico said:

How did Belgium get round that then? Didn’t they finish last week?

Belgium caught UEFA by surprise, announcing it before UEFA issued their instruction. Belgium have not rubber stamped that decision yet. They are waiting for UEFA's confirmation before doing so. 

Who is all out of contract in june? Unlikely we’ll see wighton or miko in an arbroath shirt again which is disappointing. Si murray will be looking for a new club but i’d imagine he’ll be looking for full time.

Thanks for the memories Miko [emoji22]

Who is all out of contract in june? Unlikely we’ll see wighton or miko in an arbroath shirt again which is disappointing. Si murray will be looking for a new club but i’d imagine he’ll be looking for full time.

Done a wee bit of research and as far as I can see, the following are definitely signed for next season:

Ricky Little, Tam O’Brien, Jason Thomson and Dale Hilson.

Couldn’t see anything on our website with regards to contract length but I’d presume Scott Stewart is & probably Gaston too?

That leaves these players out of contract:

Darren Jamieson, Colin Hamilton, Mark Whatley, David Gold, Bobby Linn, Michael McKenna, Omar Kader, Gavin Swankie, James Murphy and Luke Donnelly.

Plus the players who’s loans will expire:

James Craigen, Miko Virtanen and Craig Wighton.

That’s just going off a quick google and players could easily have signed deals which haven’t been announced yet, and I can’t exactly remember but Pink might have said something about getting new contracts sorted at the last Q&A.

I think James Murphy is the only player I’d be disappointed at getting a new deal. Looked decent enough in pre-season and early on, but doesn’t contribute enough off the ball to play at this level. DJ will be away, maybe harshly dropped but since then Gaston has been pretty solid, I probably prefer DJ but think Gaston has established himself as Dick’s #1. Have heard Omar is away back to Spartans which is fair enough. Haven’t always loved him but a good servant and leaves with 2 league medals.

The loanees will all be losses, I remember wondering why we’d signed another midfielder when Miko came in but he’s been fantastic and a shoe-in for the supporters club YPOTY. Hopefully he kicks on at pittodrie next season. Wighton has added some real class since he came in, can see him ending up back at Dens. Got some very faint optimism that if we sorted him out with a job he’d maybe consider us, but he’s only 22 so fair enough if he wants another crack at full time. Craigen was just starting to come into the team more as the season shut down, if he moves back to Scotland permanently I certainly wouldn’t mind having him back

59 minutes ago, Mexico said:

I’d rather take a punt on a longer deal for Craigen than another year for Murphy.

So would i, but Dick speaking in the hospitality at the Ayr game, the loanees were not cheap, so it may come down to, who can we afford