The Arbroath Thread

Don't see the need for anything like that also, my work will be struggling to see it through the next few months but we wouldn't put out a just giving page, don't see why football clubs should be doing anything different unless there was a real desperation.

Football clubs have fans who are happy to put money into something that they love, they are a business but they're more than that to the community and fans. They're a big part of people's lives.

I'm not sure where you work or what you do. But I doubt there are ordinary punters who were fanatical about your company/workplace and see it as a big part of their lives. Unless they were directly employed or had a financial attachment.

That's a false equivalence. Maybe not on the face of it and through business sense but you're not taking into account the value of emotional attachment and investment people have in their support of their football club.

Of course there is the emotional attachment and if we had a just giving page and were desperately in trouble I would be the first down offering help and would contribute money in any way i could. I was merely comparing it to a normal struggling business which is my bread and butter and what puts food on my kid's plates and pays the bills. 

Lets just hope when we do get up and running again, that the people of Arbroath come out and get the best crowds possible whenever that will be.

A message from The Arbroath Board of Directors

As you are all aware the Scottish FA and SPFL have cancelled all football matches across Scotland for the foreseeable future. 

This falls into line with the measures taken across all social activity the world over.  These are actions as a football club and as individuals we fully agree with.  We want everyone to be safe and healthy.

As a football club, the current season has been one of the best in our recent history.  On the back of winning League One last season, our push into the Championship has been truly magnificent with so many historic results, performances and memories already made, of course all with the backing of our loyal supporters and local community.

Being part time in a full time league has its pros and cons.  Obviously most of our playing staff have jobs outside of football which brings its own pressures and with group training cancelled the players are having to train on their own, although the Management team are giving them all the support and advice they need.

With 5 home games left of the current season, we were set to welcome Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ayr United, Dundee United, Dundee and Alloa Athletic.  Not only do we lose out on 5 large gates, but also revenue from our sold out hospitality afternoons, a live TV Match, our wonderful ladies hospitality day and so much more.

These cancellations obviously do put a strain on the financial implications at Gayfield, but Arbroath Chairman Mike Caird had this message to reassure supporters.

“Despite a significant loss of income due to the cancellation of matches and future uncertainty within the game, Arbroath Football Club continues to be in a safe financial position at this present time. 

We are doing our utmost to look after all our staff and players at this difficult time as like you, we simply don’t know when life as well as the football season will continue as normal.  We of course all hope it will be sooner rather than later and we will get to play our remaining 10 Championship matches.

I’ve also been heartened by our fantastic supporters who have been asking how they could support the club in these unpredictable days and weeks. 

With this in mind we are reminding everyone that Shares in Arbroath Football Club can be purchased for existing, and also new shareholders at a minimum cost of £100 for 100 shares.  

If you are interested in buying shares, then you can email the Club at office@arbroathfc.co.uk for more information on how to purchase.  Not only will you help the Club but you will also become a part of the Arbroath FC family.  

New information will be announced on a couple of further fund raising ventures over the next few days and weeks to allow supporters to help the Club in whatever small way they choose, to help make up the financial shortfall we are experiencing.  

Remember to be kind, look out for your elderly neighbours and friends, keep washing those hands, support our local businesses and continue to support the Lichties!

C’mon the Lichties!

I am seriously thinking about buying some shares 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Anyone else thinking about it too? No matter what happens it’s highly likely we will still be playing championship football next season so would be up for purchasing my season ticket much earlier than expected if it was to help the club out financially during this difficult time and I am positive my fellow lichties would be doing the same thing, Thought this was a great idea.

Arbroath FC Supporters Wall

We have been heartened by our fantastic supporters who have been asking how they could support the club in these unpredictable days and weeks.

The club have been looking at ways that our supporters can help the club in what is clearly a difficult time for everyone.  We feel that this fundraiser lets our fans do something to help the club, and at a level that suits them.

The new “Champions Lounge” was donated and built by the community of Arbroath and we see it as a symbol of how strong the Community spirit in Arbroath is.

There is therefore no better place to locate an “Arbroath FC Supporters Wall” than on the main wall of the wonderful “Champions Lounge”.

The Wall is also be a place to remember loved ones and Lichties who are still with us in spirit.

We are lucky so many people consider Gayfield their second home, so if you have lost a loved one, or just want to celebrate someone in your life, a brick is a fitting tribute.

Our Wall will highlight to everyone who passes that we are a proud community club and what wonderful supporters we are fortunate to have.

With this in mind we are offering our supporters the opportunity to “Buy a Brick” that will take its place on the new supporters wall.

There are three types of brick available for purchase and these area as follows:

£50 - White Brick

£100 - Maroon Brick

£250 - Gold Brick

If you are interested in buying a brick, then you can email the Club at office@arbroathfc.co.uk to register your interest.  Not only will you help the Club but you will also become a part of the Arbroath FC family.

More fundraising ideas will be announced in the coming weeks to allow our supporters to help the Club in whatever small way they can.  This will help the club make up the financial shortfall that we are experiencing.

As a football club, the current season has been one of the best in our recent history.  Our push into the Championship has been truly magnificent with so many historic results, performances and memories already made.  We could not have done that without the backing of our loyal supporters and local community.

With your help and support we will be ready to go again when the time comes and we will hit the ground running, finishing the job that we started back in August 2019.

Thank you again for your support and remember to be kind, look out for your elderly neighbours and friends, keep washing those hands, support our local businesses and continue to support the Lichties!

Take care and stay safe.

C’mon the Lichties!

Champions Wall.jpeg

Buy a Brick.jpeg

Edited by Gayfield

6 hours ago, Gayfield said:
Arbroath FC Supporters Wall

We have been heartened by our fantastic supporters who have been asking how they could support the club in these unpredictable days and weeks.

The club have been looking at ways that our supporters can help the club in what is clearly a difficult time for everyone.  We feel that this fundraiser lets our fans do something to help the club, and at a level that suits them.

The new “Champions Lounge” was donated and built by the community of Arbroath and we see it as a symbol of how strong the Community spirit in Arbroath is.

There is therefore no better place to locate an “Arbroath FC Supporters Wall” than on the main wall of the wonderful “Champions Lounge”.

The Wall is also be a place to remember loved ones and Lichties who are still with us in spirit.

We are lucky so many people consider Gayfield their second home, so if you have lost a loved one, or just want to celebrate someone in your life, a brick is a fitting tribute.

Our Wall will highlight to everyone who passes that we are a proud community club and what wonderful supporters we are fortunate to have.

With this in mind we are offering our supporters the opportunity to “Buy a Brick” that will take its place on the new supporters wall.

There are three types of brick available for purchase and these area as follows:

£50 - White Brick

£100 - Maroon Brick

£250 - Gold Brick

If you are interested in buying a brick, then you can email the Club at office@arbroathfc.co.uk to register your interest.  Not only will you help the Club but you will also become a part of the Arbroath FC family.

More fundraising ideas will be announced in the coming weeks to allow our supporters to help the Club in whatever small way they can.  This will help the club make up the financial shortfall that we are experiencing.

As a football club, the current season has been one of the best in our recent history.  Our push into the Championship has been truly magnificent with so many historic results, performances and memories already made.  We could not have done that without the backing of our loyal supporters and local community.

With your help and support we will be ready to go again when the time comes and we will hit the ground running, finishing the job that we started back in August 2019.

Thank you again for your support and remember to be kind, look out for your elderly neighbours and friends, keep washing those hands, support our local businesses and continue to support the Lichties!

Take care and stay safe.

C’mon the Lichties!

Champions Wall.jpeg

Buy a Brick.jpeg

Amazing idea 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Will definitely be getting a brick  next payday after purchasing my shares this morning 

Some great ideas coming from the club the last couple of days. Will certainly look to do my bit to add funds to the club.

Also, following the news of the passing of Kenny Rogers, it reminded me of Prunts in the dressing room singing The Gambler before the Stirling game on helicopter Saturday.

Any one see D. Denholms article in to-day's Scottish Mail on Sunday where he states he goes running with D. Gold who eventually leaves him for dead and finishes a full 100metres ahead of him.Danny that should be a message to you.

Would really need to know the distance they ran but if its a few miles 100 meters behind isn’t bad considering gold is about the fittest in our squad