The Arbroath Thread

Having seen Arbroath, Dunfermline and Dundee this season, there is no doubt that Arbroath are every bit as good as the other two. Obviously it's still a big ask, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't finish 4th.

The historical performances of part-time clubs maybe pushes people away from thinking that, but ultimately it will be decided by the quality on the park and Arbroath definitely have that.

Having seen Arbroath, Dunfermline and Dundee this season, there is no doubt that Arbroath are every bit as good as the other two. Obviously it's still a big ask, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't finish 4th.

The historical performances of part-time clubs maybe pushes people away from thinking that, but ultimately it will be decided by the quality on the park and Arbroath definitely have that.

Let's hope so.

Out of interest what game have you seen us play?

We have been very up and down this season. Had some very good performances along with some very poor ones.

Can't seem to play well against Morton or Dunfermline and QOTS too before Saturday but we've been very good in other games, Inverness and Partick Thistle in particular.

I think the only full game I've watched was the Partick Thistle one that was live on the BBC, but I try to keep up with the Championship highlights as much as possible too.

Very good first half that night. Unlucky not to win.

Our team has changed around a lot since then, Spence started that night and Doris came on for him.

Both of them have been moved on and been replaced by Wighton and Hilson who have both been very good in the few games they've played. They've scored a combined 3 goals in 7 games whereas Spence and Doris never managed a goal put together.

Interestingly too Miko Virtanen was actually on the bench that night. There'd be folk arguing at the moment that he's been our player of the season, he's definitely one of them anyway.

The more wins we get the more the pressure comes off and we can look up the way. 3 wins from 12 games would surely guarantee safety and I fancy us to manage that.

56 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

Partick Thistle when Rough was playing and Ayr United under Ally we’re both part-time I the top division.

There was loads of part time clubs, not that many years ago, there was also clubs who had a mixture of full and part-time players, would hazard a guess that there was clubs years ago, who were playing in front of bigger crowds as part time clubs, than they do now, as full time clubs

United currently beating Inverness. IF and there's still 75 minutes left in this game, it stays the same... who would've thought we'd be in this position under Todd.

To have the chance to go into 2nd place in this division after nearly 3/4 of the season and 25 games played.

Running out of words to kiss the arse of Arbroath FC and everyone involved at the moment. Personally have a real confidence that we have built a really solid platform off the park that should continue to see the on the park stuff do well in the future too.

88 in a row in league, 90 if you include the play-offs in 2017/2018

Total - 193 League Starts / 6 subs appearances / 2 League Play Off Spots

2019/2020 - 24/24 

2018/2019  - 36/36

2017/2018 - 35  (33 starts / 2 subs)  and  2/2 play off places.

Game 6 - Came on as sub

Game 7 - Unused sub

Game 8 - Came on as sub

Game 9 - Started, and not missed a game since, so 88 (90 if you include league play off) in a row.

2016/2017 - 34/36

2015/2016 - 33/36

2014/2015 - 27 (25 Start / 2 subs) / 36

2013/2014 - 10 (8 Starts / 2 subs) 36

That's absolutely brilliant, Ricky is an example to any young player who is playing in the lower leagues, won 2 championships and went up two leagues and improved as a player every year.

I'm sure he would say he's not the most technically gifted player but a natural born leader and a top defender. 

42 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

That's absolutely brilliant, Ricky is an example to any young player who is playing in the lower leagues, won 2 championships and went up two leagues and improved as a player every year.

I'm sure he would say he's not the most technically gifted player but a natural born leader and a top defender. 

Here here 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🙌⚽

Just taking the opportunity to watch a match tonight without the usual pressure.
Any other Lichties going to the Brechin game. Give Ryan and Shagger a cheer if they are playing
I was there doing data gathering. Bloody freezing but a decent game for nil nil. I worry for Brechin having seen them a few times this year. McCord nowhere near as effective as when with us, and shagger benched last night. QP looked pretty handy and could have had 2 or 3 if they could finish.