1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hammy 18 goals pretty good.

Hammy - 234 appearances
Little - 240 appearances
Whatley - 233 appearances
Swankie - 286 appearances
Linn - 274 appearances

What a team emoji41.png

5 absolute certainties for hall of fame when they retire. Add Stevie D, who also contributed this year, and that's more than half a team.

What a time to support AFC :)

Having this solid core of quality players (a different kind of ‘spine’ of the team) brings reassuring continuity and a great foundation upon which to build. It’s maybe not as common as when I first start supporting the Lichties decades ago since you feel there is more turnover around.

It’s a relief to be discussing facts. On the AFC-QoS thread, it’s suddenly gone all delusional with fevered talk of ‘going full time’ and ‘winning another promotion’. We’re something like the 32nd largest settlement in Scotland, the opposite of affluent. I’m enjoying currently punching above our weight without wishing to bring the whole show down through overreach. Unless there’s a rich magnate out there and even then that would still bring us down eventually.

Having this solid core of quality players (a different kind of ‘spine’ of the team) brings reassuring continuity and a great foundation upon which to build. It’s maybe not as common as when I first start supporting the Lichties decades ago since you feel there is more turnover around.

It’s a relief to be discussing facts. On the AFC-QoS thread, it’s suddenly gone all delusional with fevered talk of ‘going full time’ and ‘winning another promotion’. We’re something like the 32nd largest settlement in Scotland, the opposite of affluent. I’m enjoying currently punching above our weight without wishing to bring the whole show down through overreach. Unless there’s a rich magnate out there and even then that would still bring us down eventually.

I think we have everything in place to try and stay in this division for sustained periods of time going forward. Similar to what Alloa have done, hopefully we could do even better.

Premiership talk is mad.

In regards to Wighton. That's the kind of loan I was hoping we could've maybe secured at the start of the season. I think it's a better level of player than what I'd have hoped for but it's definitely a top loan signing for us and one that we would not have been capable of pulling off had we been in the division below.

Without wanting to bring Alloa up again I think that's what they've managed in the past with guys like Zanatta, Aitchison, Banks and Shields.

Guys like that and Wighton can make a big difference going forward. Seen that already in the last couple of games.

It's also good to have Hilson on board permanently. Another guy who's shown he can make a big difference going forward, been very impressed and a bit surprised at how good the guys work rate is. Up and down the park for the full 90. Running about sliding about winning tackles in the 91st minute Saturday past.

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In regards to Wighton. That's the kind of loan I was hoping we could've maybe secured at the start of the season. I think it's a better level of player than what I'd have hoped for but it's definitely a top loan signing for us and one that we would not have been capable of pulling off had we been in the division below.

Without wanting to bring Alloa up again I think that's what they've managed in the past with guys like Zanatta, Aitchison, Banks and Shields.

Guys like that and Wighton can make a big difference going forward. Seen that already in the last couple of games.

It's also good to have Hilson on board permanently. Another guy who's shown he can make a big difference going forward, been very impressed and a bit surprised at how good the guys work rate is. Up and down the park for the full 90. Running about sliding about winning tackles in the 91st minute Saturday past.

Absolutely spot on mate, Whole team was superb on Saturday, Hilson reminds me of McKenna, never gives up and is full of energy right up until the final whistle, love players with that attitude and mentality  🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Arbroath in the Premiership, It’s absolutely incredible we are even discussing it without sounding like we have lost the plot 😂😂😂 I mind when we won league 2 in Stirling DC said we are going up to compete in League 1 then backtracked and said it’s about consolidation then we wanted to have a real go the following season after getting to the playoffs and now we are in the championship we totally just wanted to consolidate and now we are in the playoffs it’s about the premiership 😂😂😂 absolute genius madness. What a time to be a lichtie though and I am sure like me your all reveling in the most exciting part in the clubs history so let’s just see how this pans out and like they say it’s all about the next game, Ayr, One game at a time. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

To be fair I think it sounds like we've lost the plot still.

If we are around the play offs with a couple of games left then fair enough but there's 12 games to go and the league is very tight.

We are on a good run of form at the moment but we've been here before and then went on to only win 1 game from 8 after it.

The good thing is we are nearly past the worst of winter, thought that was always going to be a difficult period. And can now focus purely on league games week to week.

If the players don’t think they can get themselves into the playoffs then they shouldn’t be at the club. We are a club on the up who as it stands have a chance of reaching the playoffs for the top division in the country. There should be absolutely no negativity surrounding this.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think we have everything in place to try and stay in this division for sustained periods of time going forward. Similar to what Alloa have done, hopefully we could do even better.

Premiership talk is mad.

Think you are spot on.Looking at you,re player stats from another poster there are striking similarities in both squads.A core of players with lots of appearances in mainly successful times with the clubs can only be a good thing.Getting the loan players right is the trick as they give you young full time footballers to help the already good players at the club.