Lichtie78

The Arbroath Thread

34 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Tomorrow I'd love to see us go with usual back 4,
Whatley Miko and McKenna in middle if Miko is fit,
Stewart and Wighton on wings and Hilson up top,
Linn a great option to come on, He has had a quiet few weeks,

Not a fan of this at all - I'm not even sure what you're trying here? If it's a haiku you've got far too many syllables in there and if it's meant to be a standard poem there isn't even a vague resemblance of rhyming there. Poor all round.

Edited by SimonLichtie

James Craigen seems to be highly rated from most fans it looks like. Man has pretty impressive CV on face of it.

Not a fan of this at all - I'm not even sure what you're trying here? If it's a haiku you've got far too many syllables in there and if it's meant to be a standard poem there isn't even a vague resemblance of rhyming there. Poor all round.

Bobby Linn is great.
Hilson and Wighton must play.
Front three obvious.

Decent enough player for this level, Falkirk fans will tell you he’s a shitebag but he gave just about everything he had for us and we never really got any half-hearted performances from him.

He’s effective as both a right back and a central midfielder.

Made right back his own last season. Also a great guy.

*I AM not sure what YOU ARE trying here?
To many basic errors here, must try harder.

Sounds like a good signing but i also fear it pushes gold further down the pecking order.

Can see murphy being released and swankie will find it hard to get near the first team too but probably worth keeping on for squad depth.

Sounds like a good signing but i also fear it pushes gold further down the pecking order. 

Can see murphy being released and swankie will find it hard to get near the first team too but probably worth keeping on for squad depth.

Gold has played a whole load of games this season. McKenna was the man missing out for a while. Whatley has missed games too. Murphy was a starter for a while. Not sure what the pecking order actually would be except having Miko at number 1. Also surely we're due suspensions in the middle of the park soon

McKenna has been in excellent form and knows if that drops Gold comes right back in for him and he won't play.

We also need guys from the bench Gold come on and done his shift just last week against Thistle. Squad effort this

JT been bit iffy too so Craigen sounds like a genuinely solid option who'd be comfortable there

Wondering if the James Craigen signing is looking at the longer term. Miko is on loan with us until the end of the season but will most likely go back to Aberdeen at the end of the loan period. Craigen may have been brought in as defensive cover this season and as a replacement for Miko next season?

Wondering if the James Craigen signing is looking at the longer term. Miko is on loan with us until the end of the season but will most likely go back to Aberdeen at the end of the loan period. Craigen may have been brought in as defensive cover this season and as a replacement for Miko next season?

Craigan only on a loan deal until end of the season isn’t he?

For just now yeah but think the man has been edinburgh based for a long time now. Since he moved here for Uni. Approaching 30 in a year or two so maybe looking towards working and part time football.

Absolutely incredible today 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🐟🍷 what an unbelievable result that is, up there with the best.

Gaston had a great game yesterday. Wasn't overly confident in him but yesterday he really was superb.

Well done Smokies, a cracking result yesterday. A few were writing you off but you've got a determined squad, strengthened in January and a good manager at the helm.

You should definitely be looking upwards, this league is very streaky and every team is capable of winning on their day.

All the best, just not against the Super Ayr you understand. 👍