The Arbroath Thread

Feel for the fans who were halfway through before it was called off, but for some reason a bit chuffed too as the Wasps with 4 from 6 pts, and we've taken 1 in 12. I'm not concerned as we went on a bit of a stinker earlier on in the season and came out the back of it and as 1320 posted up, 6pts lost or gained would make a huge difference to the table. 

I liked Spence, and good luck to him. No idea what Chalmers will be like, but looking forward to seeing him.

Has Murphy been? Noticed he wasn't playing as much as at the start of the season and I thought he was brilliant. I think he had a knock for a few weeks, and just hasn't been the same since he returned?

I really think this is a pivotal point in our season. We need to maybe add another 1 or 2 creative players/forwards and a backup defender to the squad to give us a good chance of finishing 8th or above. Heaven knows what the whole thinking was with bringing Wilson to the club. All the best to him and Spence, just didn't happen here for Greig, which is a shame because he's managed to score goals with the majority of other teams.

Hopefully find out some replacements coming in soon, 2 weeks to go before the window shuts.
We should have a fair bit available, with Wilson, Spence and the two hibs boys gone we might have freed up anywhere from £600 - £800 a week in wages.

I’d be surprised if we were paying anything towards the Hibs lads wages

McGuigan apparently turned down a move from Stenny. Very disappointing. I’d have thought the chance to play in the Championship might have tempted him.

By the sounds of it he’s at the stage of his career he’s quite comfortable at stenny & probably wont want to move, i feel like we’re a year too late trying to get him anyway.
I’ve always like the look of sutherland from elgin if he was available

By the sounds of it he’s at the stage of his career he’s quite comfortable at stenny & probably wont want to move, i feel like we’re a year too late trying to get him anyway.
He has just signed a pca with inverness i seen it on here yesterday sure of it. Dont know where he is going to find a decent forward to score us some goals.

Sutherland stays in Hopeman according to the Elgin thread. Never travelling to play part time football for any team aside from Elgin or a Highland League side staying there.

I think that's why he's stayed at and returned to Elgin so many times.

But aye, signed for ICT anyway along with Toshney. Not sure they'll be the strongest next year if they do not get promoted.

Steven Boyds short term contract at EF ran out. Young lad who has played a very good amount of time in the Premiership for Hamilton.

Remember him scoring a belter against Rangers last season. Not sure if he left Hamilton to go PT or if he'd be looking for FT football again.