Lichtie78

The Arbroath Thread

In terms of careers after playing for Arbroath

Kenny McLean and Craig Forsyth the big standouts, Simon Murray third.

Hopefully Erwin can start hitting good form again in the Premiership and I've got a feeling Miko will go on to have a good career ahead of him at a good level. He really should be getting a chance in Aberdeens first team (next season of course )

Hopefully Erwin can start hitting good form again in the Premiership and I've got a feeling Miko will go on to have a good career ahead of him at a good level. He really should be getting a chance in Aberdeens first team (next season of course )

Anybody who seen McLean playing for us, there were little sign of the player he has became

Anybody who seen McLean playing for us, there were little sign of the player he has became

Yeah looked lightweight and not great with the ball either. Had a few moments with his left peg, long ranger v Forfar or someone comes to mind. Don't think it went in I just remember that for some reason, did he hit the bar maybe?

Erwin, Forsyth, Scott Martin and Callum Booth all superb loans

El Zubaidi another decent loan, same with Carreiro and Liam Gordon

Yeah looked lightweight and not great with the ball either. Had a few moments with his left peg, long ranger v Forfar or someone comes to mind. Don't think it went in I just remember that for some reason, did he hit the bar maybe?

Erwin, Forsyth, Scott Martin and Callum Booth all superb loans

El Zubaidi another decent loan, same with Carreiro and Liam Gordon

Thought El Zubaidi would have, at least, a good career in the lower leagues. Last spotted at edusport/Caledonian braves I think. Mark Williams another loanee who didn’t live up to my expectations of him, don’t think he even plays any more.

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Carriero? Really? Better than Whately ?

Difficult choice, but I've gone for the Sheerin philosophy of "We don't do defensive things in midfield, but you'll need to score 4 to beat us"

Loved seeing Dylan's name on the teamsheet.

Personally, I thought Flyer would be the obvious weak link in my selection. Not as good a player as Jason, but bled maroon.

Difficult choice, but I've gone for the Sheerin philosophy of "We don't do defensive things in midfield, but you'll need to score 4 to beat us"
Loved seeing Dylan's name on the teamsheet.
Personally, I thought Flyer would be the obvious weak link in my selection. Not as good a player as Jason, but bled maroon.

That is exactly why I done two teams. The actual best football players and another for the players who have been great for the club.

On 31/12/2019 at 22:47, 1320Lichtie said:

Hopefully Erwin can start hitting good form again in the Premiership and I've got a feeling Miko will go on to have a good career ahead of him at a good level. He really should be getting a chance in Aberdeens first team (next season of course emoji4.png)

David Mackay probably shocks me most, Im sure we sent him back to Dundee during a loan cause he was awful. 

Then went on to play over 500 games as a professional! 

Last season we were ridiculously lucky with injuries. It would be good to have JT and Swankie back ready to play.

After reading on another thread I did a wee bit of research

17 players been booked this season, 36 bookings, more than any other team. Have to say quite like the shithousery of that, everyone taking their turns

Not 1 sending off too which says a lot on our discipline. Lots of shitty fouls to break up games when required but nobody losing the heed

Unsurprisingly McKenna and Miko have the most. Mad men

DJ
Gold Little TOB Hammy
Linn Whatley Falky Sheerin
Swankie Doris

That’s mine bar McMullan in place of Gold. I should have put in Darren Hill too.

On 02/01/2020 at 23:07, lichtgilphead said:

DJ

McMullan Ricky TOB Hammy

Linn Carriero Falky Sheerin

Erwin Doris

Carriero was a talent no doubt, often for me flattered to deceive 

Not many mentions of Brian Kerr in people's teams of the decade.

He did a great job as holding midfielder in the sheerin teams (when everyone else was flying forward) before he got a bad injury.

Great player.

2 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

DJ
Gold Little TOB Hammy
Linn Whatley Falky Sheerin
Swankie Doris

Same as me mate but I had gold and Whatley the other way 🇱🇻

4 hours ago, Hayshead said:

Not many mentions of Brian Kerr in people's teams of the decade.

He did a great job as holding midfielder in the sheerin teams (when everyone else was flying forward) before he got a bad injury.

Great player.

Was a 7/10 player every week for us was a real shame he never played again after the injury.

Not many positives today. McKenna and Donnelly aside I think. McKennas energy is incredible and LD with some really nice touches.

Need to move on Doris and Spence I think. If they can't get on today... says it all