The Arbroath Thread

The options at striker worried me when we signed them and I've not really seen anything to suggest they're good enough if we want to be chasing the title. I hope Grehan gets a good run of games starting and can hopefully be the man to start up top as Coult hasn't looked great

The options at striker worried me when we signed them and I've not really seen anything to suggest they're good enough if we want to be chasing the title. I hope Grehan gets a good run of games starting and can hopefully be the man to start up top as Coult hasn't looked great

I personally think Grehan looks the business. Great runs, good at holding it up and can take a chance. 2 goals in 60 minutes against two good sides. Got to be our main man. Coult and Hester give us something different but imagine Grehan will be the guy we go with if it's 1 uptop.

I personally think Grehan looks the business. Great runs, good at holding it up and can take a chance. 2 goals in 60 minutes against two good sides. Got to be our main man. Coult and Hester give us something different but imagine Grehan will be the guy we go with if it's 1 uptop.

Hopefully and aye you could be right in that he could be good enough. Just hoping he gets the nod in front of Coult

Anyone else been hugely impressed with Lowdon so far?

Think he looks like a different player with a pre season under his belt and confidence. Was reading through Jambos kickback (worth a read, a lot of praise for us) and the Hearts fans are impressed with him, also Linn, they've actually started a thread for just him ( sum boi ).

Even calls for Hearts to look into signing Lowdon/Linn if they were younger players.

Fair play to Lowdon though, that cross last night for Grehan was a thing of perfection.

Think Coult has looked awful so far, just my opinion like

I did try and warn you......

Hate to say this but don't get too excited. We were hoping for the Coult that ran riot for Cowden but in the end ended up with a player that ran about a lot without any end product.

Admired him for his effort, the term trier springs to mind, but other than daft hair cuts and Twitter banter, don't expect much else from him.

Edited by BB_Bino

I felt we were very weak down the left yesterday. Gold was good going forward but didn't track back enough. Lowden was left isolated. In the 1st half Callum Patterson was constantly in plenty of space and caused us all sorts of problems

I felt we were very weak down the left yesterday. Gold was good going forward but didn't track back enough. Lowden was left isolated. In the 1st half Callum Patterson was constantly in plenty of space and caused us all sorts of problems

Yes I agree but Linn did the same with wilson and left him isolated thats where all the pressure came from for the goals.

could do with a bigger CH and a better RB that was the weakness in the Hearts game and the striker Coult

Edited by speckyboy

I see Gary Phillips is still with us. I thought he was good at the Rovers but never really looked fit when he's played for us. Lumsden says he will give him 3 trial games.

Still think we need another striker. United/ Dundee or Aberdeen not got a young lad that we could get a shot of.