Lichtie78

The Arbroath Thread

4 hours to travel 130 miles

My phone saying 3 hours 40. Just added some time on for stops and traffic

A tough, tough draw. I wouldn’t call it winnable. I’m not even sure we’ll be favourites.

Of course it's winnable?

If it isn't then why can't we win this game?

14 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

A tough, tough draw. I wouldn’t call it winnable. I’m not even sure we’ll be favourites.

We hope you're big favourites with the bookies. Ayr and Cove were.

A really good game to look forward to , Talbot have been one of the best junior sides around for years and have proven to enjoy their games against senior teams in this tournament, some very good results over the last few seasons , never going to be easy down at their ground and we will have to be at our best , should be a good day out .

This is correct and if they win they shall infest your threads on here for weeks.

I’ll probably go to this as Ayr don’t have a game that weekend.
You lot infested our threads weeks before it saying how many goals you would win by

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

My phone saying 3 hours 40. Just added some time on for stops and traffic

You haven’t fully wound it. Get a new one.

You lot infested our threads weeks before it saying how many goals you would win by

No we didn’t.

We commented on a thread for the cup game.

No we didn’t.

We commented on a thread for the cup game.
Yes stating crazy score predictions and how you were going to hammer us , surely Talbot giving some back after the win is acceptable.

Great draw for us and a brilliant day out to look forward to however under no illusions how tricky it will be if we turn up with the wrong attitude. 

Didn't realise Auchinleck had already played 4 games to get this far. Three away games and beat Cove who are no mugs.

Yes stating crazy score predictions and how you were going to hammer us , surely Talbot giving some back after the win is acceptable.

So thick you’ve missed the point.

some tie you have against talbot. good luck arbroath hope you win

So that’s the first quarter done and dusted and we sit 6th on 11 points and above the likes of Morton Partick and Dunfermline with 3 wins (Alloa Dunfermline Morton) 2 Draws (Partick & Qots) and 4 Defeats (Inverness, Dundee, Ayr & Dundee Utd, Despite the real lack of attacking wingers and an out and out striker which we will probably look to address in the January market we have done fantastic and the players have really done us proud. IMO we have really played to our strengths in the 4-5-1 and not looked out of place in this championship at all and it’s incredible to think while we are 3 points off the bottom, we are also only 7 off the top. This might sound daft but we could easily have been sitting top and have a deserved extra 8 points when  I recap as the games we drew should have actually been wins (Both offside goals should have counted) the unfortunate late error by jamieson up at Inverness and at tannadice if we just held on for a few more minutes, The close results also show the fine margins and how easy a game can turn on its head in this league being so tight, Hopefully we can have an even better 2nd quarter and get to the half way point in January before we freshen up for the second part of the season, Best team for me so far have been Ayr with Morton being the worst, Highest point was Donnellys goal at tannadice and being part of the amazing lichtie army, what a day and atmosphere, also Bobbys free kick on Saturday was a superb moment, Low points probably the last 2 mins at Tannadice and first half an hour against Ayr, Reckon if we can replicate the same 10-11 points each quarter we should stay save 🙌🙌🙌🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 No matter what happens it’s been a brilliant experience so far and great fun. Here’s to more amazing Lichtie moments.