Lichtie78

The Arbroath Thread

Does anyone know the opening hours for the office at Gayfield? Had no reply to an email I've sent and couldn't get through on the phone this afternoon....

10-2 mate

IMG_0709.thumb.jpg.d22c7e252098f87247bd4072af29d589.jpg
So we finish the weekend in 4th position. It’s been a really encouraging start to the season. Lads will be full of confidence for our trip to Tannadice next weekend
Well done on your start to the season. Thought you were decent a couple of seasons ago when we won the First Division. It's no coincidence that the 3 teams with the most stable management are in the playoff places in my view.

10-2 mate
Cheers I was a bit late so I'll try again tomorrow.

Hiya Arbroath fans, I've written this piece on Friday's game and my thoughts on the Red Lichties. 
https://jaygolds.wordpress.com/2019/09/17/thistles-red-lichties-bobby-linn-the-binman/
Best of luck for the season ahead lads & ladies, can't wait to get upto Gayfield Park some day. 

We play in maroon not fucking purple

45 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

We play in maroon not fucking purple

Well I didn't mean to get you raging this early in the day! 

5 hours ago, JamieG said:

Well I didn't mean to get you raging this early in the day! 

Did you somehow miss what should have been the winning goal being chalked off due to the assistant referee's howler?

Did you somehow miss what should have been the winning goal being chalked off due to the assistant referee's howler?

He was dazzled by the purple shirts.

Sad to read that our videographer Neil has decided to stop filming the games. Obviously his health comes first and I hope he continues to make a recovery. Cheers for everything Neil

Hopefully Neil can concentrate on his recovery and just enjoy watching the football. Hope we can get someone in, even if it means putting it behind a paywall.

Hopefully Neil can concentrate on his recovery and just enjoy watching the football. Hope we can get someone in, even if it means putting it behind a paywall.

They put out a request in the preseason and nobody came forward. Don’t see that being any different this time

Looking at the picture of the offside decision (rainbowrising and lichtes23) you can see a maroon Jersey just goalside of the thistle defender in the middle of the penalty box!/picture. 

Assuming that is the position of the player when the forward pass is made then it is offside. You cannot argue that a player standing in the middle of the penalty box in this move is not interfering with play. 

Looks to me linesman got it right. 

Regardless, Arbroath on general standard of play and chances should have won by 2 or 3 goals. 

What happened to Austin??
Ferguson could be the worst manager in history,
Were we not in for him?? couldnt lace Lukes boots now