Lichtie78

The Arbroath Thread

Agree with this 100% but how's Doris meant to nick a few goals when he's not even getting on as a sub? I'm happy for donnelly getting the goal last week but realistically speaking he should be our last choice striker in terms of ability - bar the goal he looked hopeless! Is that going to change? We've seen enough now. If I was dick I'd be putting my energy in Stevie and continuing to give Spence a shot before Donnelly  

Yes but Dick isn't biased..

Spence jersey to lose at moment. Agree Doris should be before Donnelly

It absolutely should have been Doris on for Spence on Saturday. We were crying out for someone to win and hold the ball in attack.
Could be the fact Doris had a knock recently and wasnt fully fit.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes but Dick isn't biased.. emoji23.pngemoji849.png

Spence jersey to lose at moment. Agree Doris should be before Donnelly

Who's biased? I just want my team to continue doing well and believe that's the route going forward. 

Maybe he wasn't feeling 100% after that knock a few weeks ago but assumed he was as nothing had been mentioned. 

Who's biased? I just want my team to continue doing well and believe that's the route going forward. 
Maybe he wasn't feeling 100% after that knock a few weeks ago but assumed he was as nothing had been mentioned. 

Just that there's a lot of Litchies about here that seem to dislike anybody but Stevie playing upfront mate

Donnelly came on and got the winner, he would be my 3rd choice aswel, but that's why I stand on the terrace every week and Dick gets paid to be a football manager, we also have no knowledge of how they train, have they picked up knocks/strains, how their attitude is around the club.

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Donnelly came on and got the winner, he would be my 3rd choice aswel, but that's why I stand on the terrace every week and Dick gets paid to be a football manager, we also have no knowledge of how they train, have they picked up knocks/strains, how their attitude is around the club.

Well said, I am delighted with the squad, keeper defense and midfield look excellent and despite the doubts from what I’ve seen in pre season, the cup and 4 league games I honestly believe Doris Donnelly & Spence can do the business in this division. If however they get injured or have a major slump in confidence or form we always have Bobby MM and Gav when he returns to play up top, January is never too far away and we will have a great idea then where we are at to achieving our status and can strengthen and add to the squad then  if required. It’s a really tight league as you can see with the results so far, each game could go either way, I am delighted though we are getting those crucial points and wins on board early doors as I know how massive that can be.

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Really doubt anyone has any attitude problems to be fair and knocks/strains are always reported on. Swanks/Stewart

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just that there's a lot of Litchies about here that seem to dislike anybody but Stevie playing upfront mate emoji4.png

Forgot we weren't allowed opinions 🙄 also clearly stated I'd start Spence just not Donnelly based on what I've seen but that's biased in regards to Stevie right enough 🤭

Forgot we weren't allowed opinions also clearly stated I'd start Spence just not Donnelly based on what I've seen but that's biased in regards to Stevie right enough 🤭

Apologies then

'I'd be putting my energy into Stevie and giving Spence a shot before Donnelly'

Not overly clear to be fair

Still possibilities of free agents signing but I feel we have a decent squad. Really need to keep the back four fit as clean sheets will be crucial.

That’s our squad until January then. The defence is strong as ever, with a bit more cover. Midfield looks promising. Up front we need Doris and Spence to Nick a couple of league goals each to build confidence. And pray Bobby stays fit.

Still possibilities of free agents signing but I feel we have a decent squad. Really need to keep the back four fit as clean sheets will be crucial.

Dick in the herald today saying we have a “full squad”, so imagine that’ll be us until January barring anything special.

Not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion that Doris should’ve come on before Donnelly given that he came on and scored the winner. 

Im not really a Donnelly fan but this logic is really daft. 

12 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Not sure how anyone can come to the conclusion that Doris should’ve come on before Donnelly given that he came on and scored the winner. 

Im not really a Donnelly fan but this logic is really daft. 

DC clearly got the change right. 

But would suggest most fans will always want Doris to come on before Donnelly when both are on the bench.

Doris had a good pre season scoring against heart a brace against hibs. Scores against Elgin in the cup in many fans opinion mom against QOS playing well up at Inverness till he got injured came on as a sub against Alloa game against Dunfermline didn’t get on presume he must be carrying a knock

How's mckenna doing?? I'm a raith fan, but keep an eye on the arbroath results. Mikey is a relative of the wife's cousin

How's mckenna doing?? I'm a raith fan, but keep an eye on the arbroath results. Mikey is a relative of the wife's cousin

Everyone absolutely loves him

426 Arbroath fans for the diddy cup at Tannadice tiday. 7/800 for the actual league games?

Brilliant player. Fantastic attitude. A star signing by DC.