The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, gone fishing said:

Great finish from doris Yesterday stewart looks a player any info on the Waddell situation lads is he signing for us

Just seen on Twitter, Kerr finding out on Twitter, that he has been released by Dundee

Early doors I know but did yesterdays game show signs of promise for the season ahead?

The defence looked good including the trialists. There’s going to be intense competition in midfield as Stewart impressed and Goldie again in top form. No Swanks or Whatley yesterday. Attack is my main concern. Bobby was terrific and Doris looked sharper but we really need another striker imho.

10 hours ago, timlichtie said:

The big centre back Wilson looked the part. Anybody form an opinion on him? Ex Berwick, not a recommendation unless he was a stand out there.

Thought he looked solid enough but maybe lacked a bit of composure on the ball.

Having a 'safety first' mindset is not always a bad thing but at this level, a bit more footballing nous might be required, like TOB has in abundance.

Amazed Wilson is on trial at you. He was absolutely hopeless in the Cove game - looked immobile and terrified any time the ball went near his feet.

Probably helping us out a bit. Short on numbers. Heard Kerr Waddell still needing a wee bit more training and without Wilson would've only had 3 subs, one which would've been a sub keeper.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 16:08, Lichtie78 said:

Cheers. I’ll screenshot it and put it in the OP so it’s easy to find

wp_ss_20190630_0001.thumb.png.4a5db7e3471d26daad157ce3b31ae0d6.png I'll rejig it & post a new one for start of the season. Graham is also planning something similar (probably miles better) for club page.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Amazed Wilson is on trial at you. He was absolutely hopeless in the Cove game - looked immobile and terrified any time the ball went near his feet.

Not really something to be “amazed” by, it was our first friendly and we have 4 players missing with an already thin squad, probably just having a look at the lad, aslo got to remember he was playing in an utterly dreadful Berwick team. Thought he did ok