Lichtie78

The Arbroath Thread

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Didn’t see that coming at all. Good signing especially getting him to go part time.

He will likely be increasing his hours at the Time Capsule as a result.

Great shot stopper, sometimes with saves he had no right making (a close range one against Ayr and THAT save at Palmerston spring to mind). Has a hefty boot on him, which we never really encouraged - he once scored (wind assisted) at Airdrie in a reserve game.

Had a lot of time for the fans too.

Hearing good things about Stewart. Rapid as f**k and can be defensive cover at RB as well.

Welcome to the best league in Scotland my Lichtie friends. Looking forward to the visits to Arbroath with The Dee. Station bar, Bell Rock, then who knows.......

...Gayfield?

Gaston is a quality keeper for this level, terrific signing.

I'm sad to see Scotty go. A cracking player on his day who can get up and down the park, go on marauding runs and is a bit of a goal threat due to his height, persistence and being in the right place at the right time (often as a result of his runs up the park in the first place). His final ball isn't great but with coaching that should get better and even then, he still drives with the ball into the box, can get by a man and generally gets the ball into dangerous areas of the park. I don't think we ever got the best out of him at Airdrie. On a bad day though he can be horrendous. Looks totally inept and bereft of any ability or confidence when he's having one of those days. He has the ability and potential to make the step up and I hope he does so on a consistent basis for Arbroath. Best of luck to him. One goal of his worth seeking out is his one against Peterhead, must have been 2016/17 or 2017/18. Ran from our box with the ball all the way up the park and scored. Was a beauty. 

I'm sad to see Scotty go. A cracking player on his day who can get up and down the park, go on marauding runs and is a bit of a goal threat due to his height, persistence and being in the right place at the right time (often as a result of his runs up the park in the first place). His final ball isn't great but with coaching that should get better and even then, he still drives with the ball into the box, can get by a man and generally gets the ball into dangerous areas of the park. I don't think we ever got the best out of him at Airdrie. On a bad day though he can be horrendous. Looks totally inept and bereft of any ability or confidence when he's having one of those days. He has the ability and potential to make the step up and I hope he does so on a consistent basis for Arbroath. Best of luck to him. One goal of his worth seeking out is his one against Peterhead, must have been 2016/17 or 2017/18. Ran from our box with the ball all the way up the park and scored. Was a beauty. 

Think Dundee United were in for him a couple of year ago if I remember right? Remember the talk about him wanting to stay PT cause he was at University doing PE teaching.

Not the best set of Betfred fixtures unfortunately. Wanted Hibs on a Saturday and we get a Tuesday night

A good AGM last night. Plenty of positivity. Money to spend. Dick wouldn’t be drawn too much on the striker situation. He still hopes Spence and Donnelly will come good and Doris can lose a stone in weight.

A good AGM last night. Plenty of positivity. Money to spend. Dick wouldn’t be drawn too much on the striker situation. He still hopes Spence and Donnelly will come good and Doris can lose a stone in weight.

In Dick we trust!
What was the dumbest question of the night? Did someone ask about the speakers behind the goal like they did a few years ago?

In Dick we trust!
What was the dumbest question of the night? Did someone ask about the speakers behind the goal like they did a few years ago?

I usually ask about getting lids for the tea cups. I'm now resigned to getting tea up my arm in the gale force wind!

Should be easy to do for Doris. Wee bit of extra training and discipline. Sure Bobby said he lost a stone and a bit last pre season, had nothing on him to start with

I usually ask about getting lids for the tea cups. I'm now resigned to getting tea up my arm in the gale force wind!

Sack the board

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Should be easy to do for Doris. Wee bit of extra training and discipline. Sure Bobby said he lost a stone and a bit last pre season, had nothing on him to start with

Bobby, needs to take Stevie, running up hills and boxing

Welcome to the best league in Scotland my Lichtie friends. Looking forward to the visits to Arbroath with The Dee. Station bar, Bell Rock, then who knows.......
Station bar best boozer in the land