The Arbroath Thread

8 hours ago, Housecaptain said:

A Championship league opener against one of the Dundee teams would be a good money spinner on the day we unfurl the League 1 winners flag.

After opening day last season, we'll be watching that scoreline with interest... hoping against hope the Arabs or Dees don't rip you a new one ;)

In the 4 home games against the Dundee teams alone I reckon there'll be 14,000 through the gates. That's phenomenal for us. Add in the extra league money we will receive and the visits from Partick and Dunfermline then next season should be some boost financially. If we could get a good cup draw too then we are laughing.

Hopefully we can get some good players in through the door to help us out on the park.

In the 4 home games against the Dundee teams alone I reckon there'll be 14,000 through the gates. That's phenomenal for us. Add in the extra league money we will receive and the visits from Partick and Dunfermline then next season should be some boost financially. If we could get a good cup draw too then we are laughing.

Hopefully we can get some good players in through the door to help us out on the park.

The AGM next week is going to be very interesting. To survive this league and avoid a “Brechin “ we are going to have to show a lot of ambition. There are probably 2 or 3 teams we need to target for points in order to survive. It’s a very different landscape. We know that Dick is the maestro of derby matches so maybe we can upset the neighbours too! Exciting times.

The AGM next week is going to be very interesting. To survive this league and avoid a “Brechin “ we are going to have to show a lot of ambition. There are probably 2 or 3 teams we need to target for points in order to survive. It’s a very different landscape. We know that Dick is the maestro of derby matches so maybe we can upset the neighbours too! Exciting times.
You will quite comfortably avoid a Brechin. The players you already have signed up are lightyears apart from the jobbers Brechin signed up for the Championship.

Quality additions will absolutely be required to survive but with Dundee Utd staying down you Campbell should have a fair whack of cash to play with. Three or four good loan additions are a must IMO but you have a decent core of a squad there.

Weirdly enough I have a sneaky feeling Campbell might get found out a bit in the Championship with one of the weaker squads. I do hope he proves me wrong as I have had a massive soft spot for him since his Stone Cold incident at Somerset.

You will quite comfortably avoid a Brechin. The players you already have signed up are lightyears apart from the jobbers Brechin signed up for the Championship.

Quality additions will absolutely be required to survive but with Dundee Utd staying down you Campbell should have a fair whack of cash to play with. Three or four good loan additions are a must IMO but you have a decent core of a squad there.

Weirdly enough I have a sneaky feeling Campbell might get found out a bit in the Championship with one of the weaker squads. I do hope he proves me wrong as I have had a massive soft spot for him since his Stone Cold incident at Somerset.

Think the problem is there's no real quality part time players that stand out as guys we could sign. Austin was potentially one but he's a no go now. Definitely the forward areas we need to improve in, confident of our defence and keeper being up to scratch but in the final third Bobby aside (who I'm sure will do well again he's already out training) we are struggling.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:07, 1320Lichtie said:

Think the problem is there's no real quality part time players that stand out as guys we could sign

problem we have too, it is the loan signings you make which will improve the squad ,  liam dick  was our only true signing who made his mark 

it was loan players who made the difference .

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:46, King Kebab said:

Thought Spence had been released???emoji848.png

can see him ending up at EF..

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:48, relichtie said:

I actually think Spence will come good, when we signed him he was not 100% fit

Really ? not getting regular starts but don't think he had any fitness issue's

The problem with Spence is he has lost a yard of pace, playing against us for years I always found him as a playing on the shoulder of defenders type striker who was dangerous in behind and can stretch defences, he doesn’t have that anymore therefore not really much to do with fitness. He would have to really hit the ground running in pre season or face being a bit part player.