The Arbroath Thread

Steven Doris's goal against Celtic.

stevendoriscelticgoalarbroathfc.gif

I was actually in the Arbroath end that day, went along with Ex Arbroath Goalkeeper Derek Jackson.

Pity Parkhead was empty, but it was a great day out and when that goal hit the net to make it 1-1 you'd have thought Parkhead was jammed packed the way you guys erupted (quite rightly so)!!

Away section was as much "scenes" as you'll ever see

I remember just bouncing about after the goal till the final whistle all the way out the stadium and onto the bus, literally never stopped jumping about, absolutely buzzing

Hopefully see more trialists today. Imagine we will have more seeing as it's a Saturday. Be good if Grehan and Wilson were able to play aswell.

He's most definitely a striker. My boss helped out at Michelin boys for years. Thing is he's got ability but his attitude is shite. He doesn't put the effort in. He played as a trialist for us last season and scored 2 good goals, we signed him, he got off to a good start and then Murray and McManus came on to a game and he never got played as much. After he dropped out as a starter for a few games he looked a totally different player whenever he played. Moaning about everyone and everything. I'm shocked he's went up to league 1, shocked. Was expecting him to chuck it or drop to junior tbh.

Might be wrong but come across him a few times at boys football (after Michelin had dissolved) and I always thought he was a centre half who wanted to play up the park. Somebody told me that the reason he left Dundee to join Inverness was because Dundee were playing him at the back which had him take the huff. He is a talented guy (which is why he keeps ending up with clubs) but really needs to find a bit of focus when he plays.

First half eye bleedingly bad

Second half we played better, delighted for Kane, I wouldn't personally sign any of the trialists, maybe the guy Sergio who looked quite tidy, I would've taken Cameron if we hadn't signed Hester but think we are needing a more experienced guy in, someone along the lines of Lavery. Hay/Stewart/Linn all would've been given a rest I imagine after playing the last 2 games. Really liking Gold and Reid so far

Edited by 1320Lichtie