The Arbroath Thread

If yesterday was the last game of the season and we had stolen the league at the death, then fill yer boots. But even a draw pretty much confirmed the title there and then for Arbroath, and we've all known for months anyway.

As it stands, we have a weird situation where it looks like Montrose fans have celebrated my own teams late equaliser more than I did :lol:

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If yesterday was the last game of the season and we had stolen the league at the death, then fill yer boots. But even a draw pretty much confirmed the title there and then for Arbroath, and we've all known for months anyway.

As it stands, we have a weird situation where it looks like Montrose fans have celebrated my own teams late equaliser more than I did :lol:

It was relief more than anything. Arbroath won the league against us in 2011. If they did it again we'd never hear the end of it.

I've no doubt at all they'll be crowned champions next week, and deservedly so.

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Good news you did not win title yesterday will mean plenty more Maroon pounds next week:) and an easy 3 points from the worst Brechin team seen in the last 20 years :(

Father-in-law is a season ticket holder at Brechin, said the very same thing to me last Sunday, it's all about the numbers we bring next week, Brechin see next week as an earner for them

It was relief more than anything. Arbroath won the league against us in 2011. If they did it again we'd never hear the end of it.
I've no doubt at all they'll be crowned champions next week, and deservedly so.
This.

9 hours ago, ASC1878 said:

This week coming up is gonna drag , buzzing for Saturday

No often folk are buzzing for a trip to Brechin but in the circumstances I can understand it. I bet the publicans in Brechin are buzzing too.

This will be our biggest ever trophy win, but is it our best ever team?

Would they beat Bert Henderson’s heroes of 1971-75? Yes, I know, of course they would because they’re in their 70s. I reckon our current back 5 are up there. TOB = Tom Cargill if he can keep it up for a few hundred more matches. But in midfield there’s no one near Cant, Penman or Walker (or even Sheerin, Falkingham, Kerr) and up front only Bobby makes the grade.

Thinking of next season we need a good left sided defender, a couple of stronger midfielders, another great winger and two strikers unless Doris can get back to his pre-injury best and Spence turns into the player we thought we’d signed.

McCord has to have a good look at himself and either get really fit this summer or settle for being a big star in League 2. I think we know what he’ll do.

Most of the other lads who have been fantastic for us this season will be decent squad players in the Championship.

I think guys like Gold will step up really well. Very good on the ball and very fit. We badly need pace out wide other than Bobby, going to need players to get up the park next season after we've been under a bit of pressure. Hamilton is probably the weakest link along the back 4 but still a really good defender. Maybe another option there though, a striker and another Scott Martin type.