The Arbroath Thread

Although I think the standard of League 2 is going to be as poor as it's ever been, I do struggle to see how TL thinks that partnership will work.

Having watched both players last season (Coult more than Grehan obviously) as his scouts/advisors would of, I just don't see it.

Although poor at Stenny, I do actually think there is still a player in Grehan but I'll be stunned if Coult is the man to get the best out of him, in fact, after what I witnessed last year, Coult is still lucky to be playing in senior football IMHO.

Edited by BB_Bino

Although I think the standard of League 2 is going to be as poor as it's ever been, I do struggle to see how TL thinks that partnership will work.

Having watched both players last season (Coult more than Grehan obviously) as his scouts/advisors would of, I just don't see it.

Although poor at Stenny, I do actually think there is still a player in Grehan but I'll be stunned if Coult is the man to get the best out of him, in fact, after what I witnessed last year, Coult is still lucky to be playing in senior football IMHO.

Think your whole team should count themselves lucky after that showing last season tbf ;)

Who says it's going to be a partnership anyway? We just missed out on Lavery so we are still in the market for a striker

Can't remember the last time we had a big target man though so looking forward to seeing if he can bring something different to the team, Grehan is an in the box finisher from what I've seen, when you've got someone like Bobby Linn providing for you I'm sure they'll both bag goals when they play

Have we got any idea what team United will be bringing tonight? Simon Murray confirmed last night that he will be there!!

Mixed team according to Courier

Courier also says Grehan and Wilson are not yet ready for a game

Im gonna have a wee guess at the team we will have out

Fleming

Little

Hay

Munro

Johnstone

Linn

Whatley

Gold

Reid

Coult

Trialist

Hester/Stewart and another trialist from the bench ;)

Looking forward to seeing the new lads.

We lined up

Fleming

Little

Munro

Hay

Johnstone (Lowdon)

Jamie Clarke

Stewart

Linn (Hester)

Gold

Reid (Joshua Watt I'm guessing)

Coult

Was pretty impressed with that, only a pre season kick about against a pretty poor Dundee United development team but all them showed up pretty well I thought. Clarke was good, I seen him play for the Fed a few times and was unsure but you could see tonight he's decent, played at a higher level and you can tell. Love that from Hester! First touch first goal. The vics manager just left 2 minutes before aswell. :lol:

Fleming didn't have to do much. Little his usual. Hay solid. Munro good game. Stoney his usual. Stewart ran it at times. Linn strolled it. Gold looked useful. Reid tricky and some goal. Watt set up Hester.

Good run out. Pitch looking brilliant and great following from United which will have made us some money.

Thank feck the footballs back

Edited by 1320Lichtie