The Arbroath Thread

Holy shit!You boys have won the league(I think) by a country mile and still argue every week on here it's brilliant viewing for a Sunday.Cant wait till next season a league up against better full time team's you will be wanting rid of Uncle Fester by Xmas.

Holy shit!You boys have won the league(I think) by a country mile and still argue every week on here it's brilliant viewing for a Sunday.Cant wait till next season a league up against better full time team's you will be wanting rid of Uncle Fester by Xmas.

Is that how sad your little life is? That’s what you look forward too?

27 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

so then simon does donnely deserve to start before mckenna . think donnelly scored 4 goals for stranrare in 18 starts

I'm not sure who starts up top together as it's difficult to say on Donnelly and Spence as we've not seen much of either of them. We all know what Stevie Doris can do but he's not match fit through no fault of his own, if he was fully fit and firing he'd be one of the two for me but that's not the case at this point. Mikey McKenna offers so much, but he doesn't offer goals unfortunately. If we're going to play McKenna up top it has to be alongside a proven scorer for me, and the only fully fit striker we have who fits that category right now is Wallace, which is why for me he has to continue to start, unless he has a couple of poor games with no goals/ little contribution then he has to drop out, like he did previously. I guess I'd like to see Spence or McKenna start against Stranraer and if pushed I'd go with McKenna because him and Wallace together is tried and tested, and certainly wasn't ever a partnership that was 'broken'.

Alloa don't seem to be doing too badly.

Your best season in fucking forever and still miles behind us [emoji23]

8 hours ago, keptie said:

A bit harsh to suggest we don't deserve a successful team because we're not making enough noise but don't mistake lack of noise for a lack of passion for the team. we used to have a young crew who would start the singing but they seem to have disappeared and I think a lot of our supporters are just a bit reserved and  and just need a group of supporters to start singing to get them going. The noise coming from the Forfar support yesterday was only coming from about a group of about fifteen schoolboys so it doesn't take much to get a bit of atmosphere perhaps you could kick start the singing at the next game fl , get a Gayfield choir going:)

It is strange though that the whingers and moaners all seem to have voices like foghorns.

I would call `supporters' who are a bit reserved `paying spectators' and, if they maintain their reserve, then what difference would any passion make - certainly very little impact on what happens on the pitch?   But I agree it generally takes a younger group to get a little bit of singing and chanting going - the problem is if everyone is so reserved even they won't receive much encouragement.       In the presence of such self-defeating `reserve', perhaps we need to resort to technical support and distribute these clapper things or similar - even a bit more background noise might cover over the eerie silence which can play on the nerves.     But even a bit more individual vocal encouragement from all concerned (that is supporters as opposed to paying spectators) would help a little

What about the early departure of so many fans despite their `passion'? .  Bloody snowflakes.

That said, I thought we were unlucky not to get at least a draw yesterday. Forfar defended well but their keeper was actually busier than in the majority of home games this season and, when we did carve out reasonable chances the finishing/composure was a bit lacking.  Plus the blatant handball penalty early on .  Not for the first time this season, we lost our way first half but I thought the second half commitment was excellent and we played some nice football - so I was merely disappointed but not downhearted.   Dick inferred complacency and that was maybe on display first half but not second.   Also I think sole reliance on the more creative Swankie and Gold for our midfield cedes territory/possession to the opposition.  I think we need another ballwiner in there - in front of the back four.

Edited by farflung lichtie

Alloa don't seem to be doing too badly.

Your best season in fucking forever and still miles behind us [emoji23]
To be fair Raith have you given you a free run at this league as their rank rotten.

Took 3 points from Raith this season have you?

Do you think any of us actually care?

Slagged us for potentially being in the championship next season when you'll be nowhere near it

Slagged Raith for being rotten when Montrose are miles behind them

Slagged us for not beating Raith when we are 13 points clear at the top of the league and you're mid table in one of your best ever seasons in recent history

[emoji23]

I would call `supporters' who are a bit reserved `paying spectators' and, if they maintain their reserve, then what difference would any passion make - certainly very little impact on what happens on the pitch?   But I agree it generally takes a younger group to get a little bit of singing and chanting going - the problem is if everyone is so reserved even they won't receive much encouragement.       In the presence of such self-defeating `reserve', perhaps we need to resort to technical support and distribute these clapper things or similar - even a bit more background noise might cover over the eerie silence which can play on the nerves.     But even a bit more individual vocal encouragement from all concerned (that is supporters as opposed to paying spectators) would help a little
What about the early departure of so many fans despite their `passion'? .  Bloody snowflakes.
That said, I thought we were unlucky not to get at least a draw yesterday. Forfar defended well but their keeper was actually busier than in the majority of home games this season and, when we did carve out reasonable chances the finishing/composure was a bit lacking.  Plus the blatant handball penalty early on .  Not for the first time this season, we lost our way first half but I thought the second half commitment was excellent and we played some nice football - so I was merely disappointed but not downhearted.   Dick inferred complacency and that was maybe on display first half but not second.   Also I think sole reliance on the more creative Swankie and Gold for our midfield cedes territory/possession to the opposition.  I think we need another ballwiner in there - in front of the back four.

I can’t think of anything worse or more tinpot than handing out clappers

Do you think any of us actually care?

Slagged us for potentially being in the championship next season when you'll be nowhere near it

Slagged Raith for being rotten when Montrose are miles behind them

Slagged us for not beating Raith when we are 13 points clear at the top of the league and you're mid table in one of your best ever seasons in recent history

[emoji23]
You obviously care because you keep coming back for more you just can't help yourself...