The Arbroath Thread

Don't have the video but here's the match report confirming the goal.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/goram-in-over-his-head-but-lyle-saves-the-day-1-1377352

Aye you'll no find the video of that.

I have spent a while trying to find Barry Sellars half way line goal against Dumbarton and failed miserably. I remember watching that on my works computer too about 2009/2010, not sure where it was up on. Checked Vimeo but nothing.

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye you'll no find the video of that.

I have spent a while trying to find Barry Sellars half way line goal against Dumbarton and failed miserably. I remember watching that on my works computer too about 2009/2010, not sure where it was up on. Checked Vimeo but nothing.

Barry's goal used to be online here at about 45 seconds in

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/player?file=/uploads/sonstv/0018arbroath150809.flv

Might be worth getting in touch with Sons TV?

Barry's goal used to be online here at about 45 seconds in
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/player?file=/uploads/sonstv/0018arbroath150809.flv
Might be worth getting in touch with Sons TV?

Thank you very much! Remember that goal so well, wind didn't half catch it. After all these years of watching games with wind as bad as that I've always wanted to see a goal like Barry's. If the net hadn't stopped it and the stand wasn't there it would've bounced all the way to the harbour.

No real need to change the team from the stenny game as Simon says however they are the worst team in the league so not getting carried away. DC may see something in Forfar as an opponent to make a change, McKenna would certainly come into the reckoning, I felt Forfar got far too many easy balls into their front players in the last game so he may be the answer in there next to swankie. 

We have certainly added firepower to the squad, if things aren’t working we could turn to spence, McCord or Doris to come on which is a great position to be in. 

Hello,
No official date for the rearranged game yet but probably late February / early March.
We will let you know as soon as we know.

Thanks for the speedy reply and the Facebook post. Hopefully get is arranged soo. So supporters can arrange early finishes at work etc

23 hours ago, kenwood65 said:

farely sure i have old vhs somewhere of afc on scotsport every week when we were in division one , as it was then , will have to look it out

kenwood65 that would be brilliant if you could could find your VHS tape, i have told Andy that you are looking for it so keep in touch. 

100% agree. Can donnely actually jump?

Not a dig at Donnelly or anyone else from me he just gives us that extra energy and always looks to make something happen

Other week against Stenny we had all the ball and it wasn't such a big miss but today in a bit of a slog and a battle he's the number one boy that should be playing imo