The Arbroath Thread

The ever reliable BBC says that we are signing Aldin El - Zubaidi on loan. What's his best position, strengths + weaknesses etc? Good enough to play at this level? Thanks

centre-half, good in the air, good passer and aye well good enough

I have been to the 2 training sessions at the low common. The squad is shaping up and Tuesday should be a good insight to where we are. There was a couple of new faces training today never seen much due to the rain. They might get a run out Tuesday.

Spoke to Kane on Thursday said he had been offered terms. Good luck to the lad he has come from nowhere and has a massive chance now. Like Simon <Murray on a lower level but a wonderful story for a late developer.

I don't like being particularly negative, and it's unfair to properly judge players before they've had a run of games in the system we plan to play, but would anyone argue that on paper the squad so far is NOT a good bit down in terms of quality from the one we finished last season with? This being the case, and remembering that team won 2 out of the last 18 games, I have to say I find it slightly concerning....

I think we really need to add 2/3 quality players to what we currently have, or we could be in a spot of bother here..... We're weaker in various positions, and seem to have added a lot of squad players where we've lost quality. I'm not fully worried yet, but I think Todd really needs to pull a few names out the bag before the month is out or things may not start as we would want them too....

Johnstone is ok at LB, but would prefer we brought in a decent back up or challenger for that position. Dont see Lowden doing any better next season.

Would also like to see another player instead of Stewart in the middle. Hopefully someone with a better touch and passing as Stewart lacks these. Maybe McWalter or another signing.

Any word on any new signings?