The Arbroath Thread

see Everton are playing Dundee with the intention of a couple of Scottish games, we should surely try and get a friendly with them, would attract a decent crowd I think

Both ourselves and Everton were formed in 1878 and I believe played a friendly at Gayfield in 1902 against them. It was played as 2 halves of 35 mins and resulted in a 3-1 home win. Would be a real coup for us to host them now given the gulf between the club's but would love to see it happen.

post-20583-14348860500587_thumb.jpg

I have a message from Karen who is the star in our club shop;

There was a clean up the kit room at Gayfield which a lot of old random kit was donated to Malawi but there are 3 boxes which contain almost full kits which have been put together which would be ideal for a team who play in the juniors or in a pub league, etc, etc.

These are old Arbroath Shirts, so they have the Arbroath Logo, Shirt Sponsors, Numbers etc and are all one size (40 if I recall)

Box 1 - Short Sleeved Maroon Arbroath tops with numbers from 2 to 17

Box 2 - Long Sleeved Maroon Arbroath tops with numbers from 2 to 17 - However Shirt 5 has a different sponsor to the rest of the shirts.

Box 3 - Short Sleeved Yellow Arbroath tops with numbers 2 to 20, with 17 pairs of navy socks, and 16 pairs of various sizes of navy shorts - sm, lg etc.

Each Box is for sale with the prices starting around £50 but Karen is willing to listen to offers.

I’m posting on here for Karen as I know there are a few people who play football and it’s not something normally people who come into the club shop would buy!

Again ideal for a club who plays in Arbroath or have an Arbroath link.

If you are interested in buying one of the boxes, please email Karen at merchandise@arbroathfc.co.uk

Kane Hester from the vics is on trial with us, and I've been told an English player is on trial too, can't think who this could be though.

His names Jamie Clarke. Ex Grimsby/Rotherham. Was at the fed second half of last season. 31 years old. Don't think he will get signed. Seriously doubt Hester will get a contract, lightning quick but overall not good enough for a step up to the seniors IMO.

Happy with Munro. Another centre half added.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

His names Jamie Clarke. Ex Grimsby/Rotherham. Was at the fed second half of last season. 31 years old. Don't think he will get signed. Seriously doubt Hester will get a contract, lightning quick but overall not good enough for a step up to the seniors IMO.

Happy with Munro. Another centre half added.

tbf he could be another Murray. With Coult and Grehan we'll need some pace too. Considering we spent most of last season with one signed centre back, to have 3 at this stage is great.

Andy Munro has signed.

Big, strong, dominant, physical centre half. Great in the air but can also play a bit. Chips in with a fair few goals too.

Should be a great signing for Arbroath.

I have a feeling he is there as a backup mate. We have Hay and Little who should be 1st choice pairing. Can he play at full back?

I have a feeling he is there as a backup mate. We have Hay and Little who should be 1st choice pairing. Can he play at full back?

He can yes, and did on a few occasions for Musselburgh last season. But far more comfortable at centre back.