The Arbroath Thread

Danny Denholm on the terrace podcast lower league podcast tonight, comes across really well again. They touch on Toshney, Denholm says that he text the squad after the Alloa game saying he’s pretty sure he’s done.
Link to the podcast- https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-terrace-scottish-football-podcast/id304936264?mt=2#episodeGuid=1a1a6d90c4394caea723de19116a814bhttps://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-terrace-scottish-football-podcast/id304936264?mt=2#episodeGuid=1a1a6d90c4394caea723de19116a814b

Ryan Wallace this season, 5 games, 5 assists, 2 goals. Yet again forced the keeper into several saves yesterday and also set up several other very good opportunities.

There's nothing embarrassing about being proven wrong over time, but there definitely is something embarrassing about refusing to accept when you're proven wrong and blindly arguing against the facts. Something for a few folk to have a wee think about ;) 

Applications for the Ryan Wallace fan club are still open, and will remain open all season, but I'd advise joining earlier rather than later as we expect a flurry of applications as the season goes on and Wallace consistently proves people wrong :)

Ryan Wallace this season, 5 games, 5 assists, 2 goals. Yet again forced the keeper into several saves yesterday and also set up several other very good opportunities.
There's nothing embarrassing about being proven wrong over time, but there definitely is something embarrassing about refusing to accept when you're proven wrong and blindly arguing against the facts. Something for a few folk to have a wee think about [emoji6] 
Applications for the Ryan Wallace fan club are still open, and will remain open all season, but I'd advise joining earlier rather than later as we expect a flurry of applications as the season goes on and Wallace consistently proves people wrong [emoji4]
Thought he was a handful yesterday for montrose very impressed with Wallace.Also thought Ricky little was excellent for you guys aswell, montrose never got out the traps at all.

There's nothing embarrassing about being proven wrong over time, but there definitely is something embarrassing about refusing to accept when you're proven wrong and blindly arguing against the facts. Something for a few folk to have a wee think about [emoji6] 
Applications for the Ryan Wallace fan club are still open, and will remain open all season, but I'd advise joining earlier rather than later as we expect a flurry of applications as the season goes on and Wallace consistently proves people wrong [emoji4]

The pass for McKenna in the first half was unreal what a goal that would’ve been if it went in

Interesting from Dick when interviewed after the game looking at bringing in a striker and a defensive midfielder and he still had money left on his budget

A striker is a bizarre one when he admits hester is giving him “a headache” and doris will be back around October. I though graham was signed as a defensive midfielder? And interesting that defensive cover wasn’t mentioned

A striker is a bizarre one when he admits hester is giving him “a headache” and doris will be back around October. I though graham was signed as a defensive midfielder? And interesting that defensive cover wasn’t mentioned

That was what I was thinking, pushed our luck last season with little defensive cover, not sure about Graham being a defensive midfielder, was getting forward plenty yesterday

That was what I was thinking, pushed our luck last season with little defensive cover, not sure about Graham being a defensive midfielder, was getting forward plenty yesterday

Impressive when introduced. Adds something to the middle of the park. We have great depth there

Said it himself, basically wants a whole squad that can be starters to keep everyone on toes

So far this season, the only position we've not got a backup player in/ have struggled in when our first pick there wasn't playing is left back.

We definitely need another couple of loan, and agree with Dick that we can afford to wait and see what comes up even though we are down on numbers currently. I originally thought about a striker 3/4 weeks ago but kind of feel with Kane's current form we may be okay up top, would be extremely unfair for anyone to come in ahead of him in the pecking order now.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

So far this season, the only position we've not got a backup player in/ have struggled in when our first pick there wasn't playing is left back.

We definitely need another couple of loan, and agree with Dick that we can afford to wait and see what comes up even though we are down on numbers currently. I originally thought about a striker 3/4 weeks ago but kind of feel with Kane's current form we may be okay up top, would be extremely unfair for anyone to come in ahead of him in the pecking order now.

We were lucky last season with defensive injuries or suspensions, only really got Goldie who could play in defence, my concern would be if we had 2 of our back 4 unavailable for a period of time

We were lucky last season with defensive injuries or suspensions, only really got Goldie who could play in defence, my concern would be if we had 2 of our back 4 unavailable for a period of time

Pretty sure the guy we were wanting from Rangers is the guy Wilson that went to Forfar. Problem is he looks at our team and realises he’s gonna be sitting on his arse if he comes to us

26 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pretty sure the guy we were wanting from Rangers is the guy Wilson that went to Forfar. Problem is he looks at our team and realises he’s gonna be sitting on his arse if he comes to us

Then we need a defensive "prunty" type, happy to be part of the squad, sit on the bench every week, but be ready to play when required

We need two players in ASAP imo. 17 is too tight, we will pick up injuries and suspensions. The problem with loans is the parent clubs want them to play which means they have to be very good to get in our team (eg Scott Martin)

im not sure there are many better under 20 left backs than colin Hamilton or strikers much better than Wallace and McKenna.