The Arbroath Thread

I was at the far end of the stand so didn’t see the penalty clearly. I thought it was outside the box.

Much better second half after the 3rd goal. Kane was unlucky for that goal to be disallowed, and few good chances for him. Hopefully he gets his chance in the upcoming weeks.

Big difference in performance level when gold and Wallace came on.

DD worked his arse off but just couldn’t get anything to come off today. Really could do with a goal to get his confidence back.

Few poor performances today, but hopefully it was a one off.

Quality young Aberdeen team. Anderson looks like a good prospect, and the lad Dean Campbell looks a fantastic player. Can’t believe he’s only 17.

Was hat trick boy Anderson good? Loan signing target?

He was decent, different type of player to the strikers we have, more a poacher with a bit of skill.

If we didn’t already have a stacked midfield I’d take Campbell in a heartbeat. If he continues to develop, I’d genuinely tip him for a national callup by the time he’s 21

Nothing wrong with a midfielder with a bit of wee man syndrome, surely

Aye certainly not saying it’s a bad thing. Not really seen much of him play yet but nothing wrong with a bit of aggression, get him on the park for a scrap next week.

Hester really has come on leaps and bounds with regards to his link-up play and all-round game. Couldn’t believe my eyes when he fizzed in a cross with his left foot. Really hope he can take his chance in the opening few league games and kick on.

I’m unconvinced by Graham so far to be honest 

Ffs, judging already from a tiny sample, at least give the boy a chance and pity any clown who likes your post, give me strength

11 hours ago, ecto said:

Ffs, judging already from a tiny sample, at least give the boy a chance and pity any clown who likes your post, give me strength

Saying I’m unconvinced by a player from what I’ve seen so far is hardly ridiculous, it’s merely stating I remain to be convinced. 

We all know where high expectations lead. Regardless of other factors (such as strength of some other teams), I think we are quite a bit short.

We need a couple of reinforcements. Trust the management. You’ve got to start the season optimistic. Raith have been shite.

Probably better being a bit more cautious to be fair, until you have seen how everyone is looking after 9 games. I’m not sure we will challenge, I think we can but it’s a hard league. Be happy pushing to go 1 better than 4th and see what happens.