The Arbroath Thread

David gold was a Todd lumsden masterstroke, but as always no one gives Todd the credit he deserves [emoji20]

If I remember correctly, he was signed as a number 10 and didn’t do well. But when given the chance at right back he was good and became a fans’ favourite. Now left back (not so good) and centre midfield (good). Who know how this legend will end. But he’s on the way to club legend status.

If I remember correctly, he was signed as a number 10 and didn’t do well. But when given the chance at right back he was good and became a fans’ favourite. Now left back (not so good) and centre midfield (good). Who know how this legend will end. But he’s on the way to club legend status.
He has been a legend to some for a couple of years [emoji3] Check out@scillybirder’s Tweet:

I remember finding out on the bus home from Elgin on the last day of the 15/16 season that Gold was staying on. I, and the people I was with, couldn’t believe it. That season Gold should he obviously had technical ability (See his goal vs Forfar in the Forfarshire Cup Final, an absolute screamer) but he was still an u20 player in a senior league. Since then he’s become one of my favourite players. His feet are ridiculous at times, and if he could improve his final ball then he’s still got plenty more potential to get even better. Would like him to start grabbing a few more goals as well, might see that soon since he has been playing in midfield rather than defence.

I remember finding out on the bus home from Elgin on the last day of the 15/16 season that Gold was staying on. I, and the people I was with, couldn’t believe it. That season Gold should he obviously had technical ability (See his goal vs Forfar in the Forfarshire Cup Final, an absolute screamer) but he was still an u20 player in a senior league. Since then he’s become one of my favourite players. His feet are ridiculous at times, and if he could improve his final ball then he’s still got plenty more potential to get even better. Would like him to start grabbing a few more goals as well, might see that soon since he has been playing in midfield rather than defence.

Have to say, I also would not have given Goldie a 2nd contract, but he has paid back the faith shown in him many times over, and it only confirms what we already knew about our management team, they do know a team player and Goldie is very much one of those, decent at RB, WB or CM, but does not look comfortable on the left side

Have to say, I also would not have given Goldie a 2nd contract, but he has paid back the faith shown in him many times over, and it only confirms what we already knew about our management team, they do know a team player and Goldie is very much one of those, decent at RB, WB or CM, but does not look comfortable on the left side

I don’t think anyone who seen him that season would have given him a new deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was even a little shocked by it

Another brilliant set of highlights covering a fantastic team performance! Great to re-watch!

Having had the chance to watch the highlights eventually think Mckenna was hard done by. Seemed to catch bus foot in the pitch and trip over not looking for a pen . Don't think it was a dive personally.

Having had the chance to watch the highlights eventually think Mckenna was hard done by. Seemed to catch bus foot in the pitch and trip over not looking for a pen . Don't think it was a dive personally.

Think the fact he made such a meal of it and didn't really complain about the booking

Horrible weather, and granted not much more than a training exercise, but this has been drivel so far. Pass marks for Thomson and Bobby. DD looks up for it, but isn’t getting anywhere. Look toothless going forward.

Didn’t look a pen, and TOB lost his man for the second similar to the one at Alloa.

56 minutes ago, Buzz Lichtyear said:

Horrible weather, and granted not much more than a training exercise, but this has been drivel so far. Pass marks for Thomson and Bobby. DD looks up for it, but isn’t getting anywhere. Look toothless going forward.

Didn’t look a pen, and TOB lost his man for the second similar to the one at Alloa.

From the stand it looked a stonewaller, an absolutey ridiculous tackle in the box, the red did well playing it on but it was definitely a penalty from where I was.

Just forget about today and move on, poor all over pitch, Swankie McCord and Hammy especially, sure it was hard to be motivated today but we looked so disinterested, 

Roll on to the real stuff next week, Hopefully a few loans in too,  looking forward to see who starts with Whatley in middle of park 

Bit  of a comedown after Wednesday's game but a nothing match on a wet and miserable afternoon. Not too bad a crowd considering the weather.

Shame Hester's goal was disallowed. Is it the manager's tactics for Denholm never to pass the ball? 

With the Betfred cup and friendlies out of the way and no injuries today, time to concentrate on the league and start off with a win on Saturday.