The Arbroath Thread

Hey guys, just dropping by to say I just uploaded my YouTube video about Arbroath beating Bon Accord 36-0. I have a feeling you guys might appreciate it. I hope you enjoy it.

[emoji23][emoji1360]

Really enjoyed that, good wee watch and good humour. Cheers for sharing/making it.

Well thats the Reserve League back in time for the coming season.
Obviously we wont have a reserve team in time for next season but it would be good to see the club bring back a youth team to develop our own players but also give fringe and others some game time.

Obviously we wont have a reserve team in time for next season but it would be good to see the club bring back a youth team to develop our own players but also give fringe and others some game time.

As much as we would like to have a youth policy, it is not going to happen, as for a reserve team, kind of tough when we run such a small squad

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Something I feel that has been overlooked is David Gold’s impressive start to the season. Played in the middle of the park against United & Elgin and didn’t put a foot wrong. Very encouraging

Probably because, like Ricky Little and Bobby Linn, he plays consistently well when in the team and playing well it tends to be expected of them. They do their job and the team is all the better for it.

Good week for ToB, although I think he is suspended for tomorrow night.

Accumulation of two cautionable offences in the Betfred Cup (caution totals revert to zero prior to start of Round 2 and prior to the start of semi-final Effective immediately to rounds)

He picked up a very late booking against Elgin and also one against United.

SPFL.jpg

Good week for ToB, although I think he is suspended for tomorrow night.
Accumulation of two cautionable offences in the Betfred Cup (caution totals revert to zero prior to start of Round 2 and prior to the start of semi-final Effective immediately to rounds)
He picked up a very late booking against Elgin and also one against United.

SPFL.thumb.jpg.debe20f04696c5ad5323db4f85413425.jpg

Poor old Davy Gold back to left back then?

On 23/07/2018 at 20:31, RedLichtie86 said:

Maybe the 4 Angus clubs could get together on this.

Lets be fair none of the clubs in Angus have loads of players or under 19s!

Looks like even a win tomorrow won’t be enough to see us through going on results in our group tonight, even best runner up places look out of reach, 

Woukd like to see Finn Graham get a start along with Denholm and McCord if available, it’s just utter garbage that you can’t even have at least 2 trialists playing, 

Worth mentioning if Hammy does get injured this year we'd really be in the shit as development loans have been got rid of, and loans really now only consist of half season or full season loans.

If Hammy we're to get an injury in October/ November we could see ourselves playing for 2/3 months with no recognised left back/ left sided centre half which would really hit us hard in my opinion. It's the only real position where one injury leaves us with no-one to play there.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Worth mentioning if Hammy does get injured this year we'd really be in the shit as development loans have been got rid of, and loans really now only consist of half season or full season loans.

If Hammy we're to get an injury in October/ November we could see ourselves playing for 2/3 months with no recognised left back/ left sided centre half which would really hit us hard in my opinion. It's the only real position where one injury leaves us with no-one to play there.

Would imagine Gold or maybe even Thomson could fill in at left back. The conundrum again would be is it worth spending some of the budget on a left sided player that’s only going to play if hammy is injured or suspended. 

Morning guys. 
Just wondering where is best to go for a pint and a bit of pub grub before the match tonight? Our train gets in about 5.20pm.

Tutties. Directly across from the ground. I thoroughly recommend the Steak Pie. Might even have a football card going so you can win some cash as well

Not a failure in the team tonight, McKenna deserves all the plaudits but Thomson Little and Wallace were outstanding,  Also Graham done really well when he come in.

Also well done to the management who made the change to 4-4-2 when they were getting a bit of joy down wings at start, 

Thomson made a bit of a c**t of it for the goal but he was absolutely superb. Wins everything and he’s got good pace too.

Mikey McKenna was unreal again just ridiculous the amount of energy he has. I just can’t see a best 11 without him in it somewhere, think he’s great wherever he is asked to play.

Jamieson made a few decent saves, one at an important time from Gardyne, back 4 and Omar all solid. Graham was tidy, Swanks put a real good shift in, Denholm more like it.

Upfront Wallace has a class touch and is really clever at times. He is looking sharper and fitter, getting about the park more. Kane made a great impact again, that finish was so good, touch was perfect then just lifted it over keeper. Honestly reckon he’s the man for a goal in the derby games he’s just that kind of boy.

Got to be happy tonight. It’s going to be a tough league but I feel like we’ve got a solid base and we will be hard to beat.