The Arbroath Thread

We were very excited when he joined us 12 months ago and he was seen as the ideal replacement for John Gemmell. He came to Stenny after a superb season at Stranraer where he was one of the best strikers in the division. He looked alright to begin with but picked up an injury that kept him out for a couple of months. When he returned to the team, he looked slower and seemed to lack motivation - he never really looked like he was ever up for it. Chuck in an appalling first touch and you've got a recipe for a player on a downward trajectory. It was no surprise to see him leave the club.

Grehan might be good for Arbroath, he might not, but approach with caution, I'd say.

Thank you, a more fair and honest assesment than 'ouch' anyway :P

Steve Hislop favourited his tweet so I imagine it's got substance

Let the guy get fit and let's get him back to his best, still another 2 strikers to come in, very happy with our first 2

Thank you, a more fair and honest assesment than 'ouch' anyway :P

Steve Hislop favourited his tweet so I imagine it's got substance

Let the guy get fit and let's get him back to his best, still another 2 strikers to come in, very happy with our first 2

Yeah, a change of scenery might do him good and with a solid pre-season behind him you'll probably have a very good player on your hands.

By the end of Scott Booth's terrible reign, so many players had fallen into a dark funk - after Booth left, many of them shook it off and finished the season strongly but not Grehan. He seemed stuck in a rut. Looked like he was running through treacle a lot of the time.

I think a lot of people seem to be looking at our signings and remembering their best games/ runs of form over their whole career and assuming that's the player we'll be getting turning up every week. If the Grehan and Coult of last season are what we're getting, then we're in serious trouble. If it's the Grehan/ Coult of the season prior, then we're in business. :)

I think a lot of people seem to be looking at our signings and remembering their best games/ runs of form over their whole career and assuming that's the player we'll be getting turning up every week. If the Grehan and Coult of last season are what we're getting, then we're in serious trouble. If it's the Grehan/ Coult of the season prior, then we're in business. :)

We know what they're capable of atleast

Grehan was plagued by injury last season by the sound of it and just look at Stirlings record, it was like the second half of our season but both halves

I certainly don't think either of them will do badly anyway, not in this division, whether they live up to what they're capable of remains to be seen

Mr Lumsden seems to know who he wants in for next season campaign.can't wait for the derby again,we will be 100% more equipped than last year shambles under shields and wilkie

The optimism of summer! Nice to get an assessment of a signing over and above the usual "good luck with that he's shyte"

Is anyone else praying that Nicoll and or Hunter sign?

Both brilliant last year IMO

Nicoll was a huge miss the 2nd half of the season when he was out, as was hunter, Nicoll and Linn been my favourite signings in recent years by far

Will always mind Hunter for this tho

post-14721-14328012624783_thumb.jpg

Only the signing of Fleming on the official site?

Reid was confirmed on official Facebook, and Coult tweeted something about needing a lift through to sign papers so that's why he's not there. Don't know if we've officially signed Grehan yet but will have in the coming days. Hay also confirmed on official Facebook Edited by Lichtie78