The Arbroath Thread

if you are leaving one club to join another club and if your contract with your parent club ends that season you can sign for any club . ie swanson at st johnstone signed a pre contract with hibs months ago

Is that what you did when you left Stirling to join Arbroath, Steven?

if you are leaving one club to join another club and if your contract with your parent club ends that season you can sign for any club . ie swanson at st johnstone signed a pre contract with hibs months ago

Yes but contracts run out on the 31st May and if Swanson hadn't signed that with Hibs he would be a free agent come the 1st June.. instead he will be a Hibs player come the 1st of June.

It doesn't make a massive difference here by the way, pre contracts can be agreed with anyone, but they're easier to get out of I'm sure.

53 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

the point i am making is our players were out of contract after the stirling game not the 31 st of may

Aye, so when we were 2nd with 2 games to go, we were quite happy to have all the players out of contract for the playoffs. Nice one m8.

Leave the wind ups to the experts.

I think big Lichtie knows a player very loosely, he speaks to said player every now and then through work or whatever, gets wee bits of small talk off of them, interprets it the way he wants to then relays the information on to here.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think big Lichtie knows a player very loosely, he speaks to said player every now and then through work or whatever, gets wee bits of small talk off of them, interprets it the way he wants to then relays the information on to here.

You guys are tying yourselves in knots. Have faith in your manager. We were always the same after a good season, scared all the better players have been snapped up. Many will be away on hols now, you won't miss out if you've got the £'s.

You guys are tying yourselves in knots. Have faith in your manager. We were always the same after a good season, scared all the better players have been snapped up. Many will be away on hols now, you won't miss out if you've got the £'s.

I'm honestly not worried at all. Confident our squad are content and looking forward to next year.

Big Lichtie thinking he's ITK over what papers, other fans and even DC is saying is a tad annoying though. Only point I'm making.

It's going to be a good league. Said I didn't think it would be that much of a step up after we went up... but then Raith got relegated and Ayr started pulling out some good signings. Alloa look like they might be a wee bit weaker, Airdrie too if Ryan leaves but they'll still be good and other teams looking like they mean business with some good signings. Stranraer and East Fife in particular.

a tad annoying mate i am a
lichtie fan the same as you but time will tell regarding things i have posted. but lets just wait and see what happens.your welcome to join me anytime in tutties for a pint of course your paying

He supports Celtic mate

This is exactly right, but on an other note, Betfred Cup draw June 2nd

a tad annoying mate i am a
lichtie fan the same as you but time will tell regarding things i have posted. but lets just wait and see what happens.your welcome to join me anytime in tutties for a pint of course your paying

Haha wasn't meant in a bad way, just that you seem to dismiss everything everyone says.