The Arbroath Thread

Just going through my wallet and came across this. Realised I won't be needing it again. 

It would have been a bonus to get an extra game or two out of it, and I think that I kind of hoped for that back January/February, but getting the result we did on Saturday mean that the next 2 Saturdays are now free. 

Champions!!! Feels good.

IMG_1072.JPG

Just going through my wallet and came across this. Realised I won't be needing it again. 
It would have been a bonus to get an extra game or two out of it, and I think that I kind of hoped for that back January/February, but getting the result we did on Saturday mean that the next 2 Saturdays are now free. 
Champions!!! Feels good.
IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.08c9186b47999d43700cd742c6aff9a3.JPG

If we had to settle for the playoffs the season ticket wasn't going to cover the extra games. Which was disappointing

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If we had to settle for the playoffs the season ticket wasn't going to cover the extra games. Which was disappointing

Really?? That is news to me. I knew cup games were no longer included but don't remember being told the play offs weren't either.

Arbroath have told Skelly that they definitely want him for next season if we don't offer him a new deal as his current deal runs out in a few weeks time.

I see the club have paid for all your lads including Skelly to go to Magaluf for the weekend for winning the league. Respect.

Are they going to pay for the fans to have a holiday too since the title win was dedicated to the fans?

I hope that season ticket prices will stick at £180 again but I wouldn't be surprised if they increased by £10. They could raise it to £200 and make all games available to season ticket holders rather than having to pay for the betfred cup games and the play-off games if we end up in the play offs.

Can't wait for the videos of Dick hitting up the dancefloor like big Sam Allardyce, alongside footage of John Young downing dirty pints and serenading Pongo with chants of 'he's just a fat ginger man....' to surface in the coming days.

Hopefully no-one lets Dick near the karaoke this time after the 'incident' a few years ago....... :ph34r:

From what I have heard, it is Pink who is paying for all of the players etc. to head over for the weekend, and this was promised to the squad a few months ago if they won the league, which is a fantastic thing for him to do.

Are they going to pay for the fans to have a holiday too since the title win was dedicated to the fans?
I hope that season ticket prices will stick at £180 again but I wouldn't be surprised if they increased by £10. They could raise it to £200 and make all games available to season ticket holders rather than having to pay for the betfred cup games and the play-off games if we end up in the play offs.

Don't think any of the clubs have the play offs on the season ticket, know that they've put the prices down though. Don't really mind paying for 2 or 3 betfred games either tbh not much really and it'll help a lot in getting a better team on the park.

I actually had a student card last season and I could've got into all league games for £108, but decided to just buy an adult season ticket for £180 anyway.... worth it. That extra £72 might've helped pay for one of McCords goals in that 3-2 v Elgin. ;)

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Can't wait for the videos of Dick hitting up the dancefloor like big Sam Allardyce, alongside footage of John Young downing dirty pints and serenading Pongo with chants of 'he's just a fat ginger man....' to surface in the coming days.

Hopefully no-one lets Dick near the karaoke this time after the 'incident' a few years ago....... :ph34r:

From what I have heard, it is Pink who is paying for all of the players etc. to head over for the weekend, and this was promised to the squad a few months ago if they won the league, which is a fantastic thing for him to do.

For us guys out of town can you say who Pink is?

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't think any of the clubs have the play offs on the season ticket, know that they've put the prices down though. Don't really mind paying for 2 or 3 betfred games either tbh not much really and it'll help a lot in getting a better team on the park.

I actually had a student card last season and I could've got into all league games for £108, but decided to just buy an adult season ticket for £180 anyway.... worth it. That extra £72 might've helped pay for one of McCords goals in that 3-2 v Elgin. ;)

I just said I was a student when I got my season ticket, no questions were asked.

Was watching the women's FA Cup Final at Wembley last night and saw a familiar face a few rows back in the Royal Box. AFC Director, Anne McKeown, probably there in her role as a member of Board of Scottish Womens Football, a member of the EUFA Womens Football Committee. 

Last weekend she was on the pitch at Forthbank celebrating with 1000 Lichties and today she is at Wembley with 35,000 watching a prestigious match in the women's game.  She has quite a profile in the women's game and I suppose it must be good for Arbroath for her to be have the contacts that she has in the SFA.

AFC Appearances & goals (league, cup, total) includes all who took part in our league 2 championship season.

Jason Brown 3(1) 0, 0 0, 3(1) 0

Liam Callaghan 2(4) 0, 2(5) 0, 4(9) 0

Stevie Doris 150(14) 67, 23(1) 3, 173(15) 70

Michael Dunlop 3(2) 0, 2(2) 0, 5(4) 0

Eddie Ferns 5(6) 1, 0 0, 5(6) 1

David Gold 44(12) 1, 8(3) 1, 52(15) 2

Ricky Gomes 28(1) 0, 3 0, 31(1) 0

Colin Hamilton 104 4, 14 3, 118 7

Kane Hester 4(29) 4, 1(5) 1, 5(34) 5

Bryan Hodge 14 0, 0 0, 14 0

Omar Kader 20(13) 5, 7 1, 27(13) 6

Bobby Linn 141 35, 23(2) 4, 164(2) 39

Ricky Little 98(4) 5, 18(1) 1, 116(5) 6

Gavin Malin 3(12) 2, 0(2) 0, 3(14) 2

Donald McCallum 0(5) 0, 0 0, 0(5) 0

Ryan McCord 30(1) 13 6(1) 0, 36(2) 13

Robbie Mutch 8 0, 5(1) 0, 13(1) 0

Gary Phillips 7(1) 0, 6(1) 0, 13(2) 0

Bryan Prunty 11(17) 2, 5(1) 0, 16(18) 2

Jimmy Scott 22(4) 9, 6 1, 28(4) 10

Josh Skelly 23(13) 7, 0(2) 0, 23(15) 7

Matthew Smyth 4(4) 1, 0 0, 4(4) 1

Jassem Sukar 23(2) 0, 2 0, 25(2) 0

Mark Whatley 104(1) 5, 19(1) 1, 123(2) 6

Just noticed that this league title came with exactly the same points' total as our last one, but with slight differences in the record.   Apart from East Fife, winning the league with a rather modest 62 points last season, normally the league winners get more than 70 points

2010-11

Played 36  Won 20 Drawn 6 Lost 10  Goals For 80  Goals Against 61  Goal Diff + 19  Points 66

2016-17

Played 36  Won 18  Drawn 12 Lost 6  Goals For 63  Goals Against 36 Goal Diff +27  Points 66

i would just add Div 1 is looking to be a tough league next season with some bigger clubs - Raith, Ayr, Airdrie - involved