The Arbroath Thread

6 minutes ago, keptie said:

Don't want Templeman his constantly falling down for no reason would be an embarrassment to the maroon shirt.

10 years ago, aye, not now, must be better than him around

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If we want to try and make an impact next season then Sanny and Fraser are players that we shouldn't be considering.

Bloody hell L23 finding myself agreeing with you :) and your spot on this time gotta get better than these 2.

1 hour ago, ecto said:

10 years ago, aye, not now, must be better than him around

Absolutely agree. If we were still in League 2, then perhaps yes he could do a job at Gayfield, but not with the step up to League 1 and Dick''s statement that the Club be pushing for promotion.

I agree with most of you lads about who should be kept on but I'll print my list & thoughts below.

Keep:

Ricky Gomes-guess he may only leave club if moving country

David Gold-wouldn't mind seeing him back in midfield if we got a more natural rb but happy with him to continue

Ricky Little & Colin Hamilton-goes without saying. Think if TOB was to sign & Hammy at lb our defense would be pretty strong

Ryan McCord-Got better as season progressed, still able to get even better.

Mark Whatley-solid player, much improved with better players around him. Good foil to McCord

Bobby Linn-legend, needs to get back playing on the right

Stevie Doris-beast, found the form to why Dundee nabbed him. Needs suitable partner.

Bryan Prunty-not prolific but experience valuable. Think he would do better if kept on.

Maybe/Possible:

Bryan Hodge-capable cover & versatile left sided

Omar Kader-option in wide areas

Jimmy Scott-gives team an attacking option, could do with less injuries

Release:

Gavin Malin-done well when required, needs regular football

Josh Thomson-not sure how good he is

Kane Hester-always thought he was a natural finisher, needs 1st team football, juniors or lowland league. League 2 still an option.

Eddie Ferns-inconsistent.

Edited by Leicesterlichtie

Would like to see Andy Ryan back at Arbroath but don't see him leaving Airdrie.

Andy Ryan will be starting in the Championship or Premiership within a few years he's run riot in that division and will get a shot at a higher level no bother. Full time too.

I'd be very disappointed if we  signed templeman, Doris is a far better targetman, would like someone with a bit more pace that could offer something different, Prunty and Scott are very alike, guessing Prunty on less wages so would edge towards keeping him, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Linn uptop either if we got a few decent wingers in,