The Arbroath Thread

I think Hammy was still at Hearts when we first won the title.  I think he was there from 2012 to 14, then went to Brechin.   I think he would have known Bobby and Ricky as i think they were signed in 2013 but sadly Ricky got injured at Stenny pretty early on in the season and that threw his first season.

This was the squad that won our last title. Can't recall what the numbers mean. May be to do with appearances goals sub etc.
Darren Hill 35
Kevin McMullan 30 1
Kieran McAnespie 27 2
Ross Chisholm 20 1 2
Stuart Malcolm 24 2
Alan McManus 11
Josh Falkingham 33 2 9
Adam Strachan 12 4 3
Steven Dorris 25 5 16
Gavin Swankie 35 1 23
Paul Sheerin 30 5 5
Darryl Burns 1 4
Lee Sibanda 5 6
David McGowan 8 24 5
Craig Wedderburn 12 4 2
Jordan Sheerin 2 12
Keith Gibson 26 1 8
Alan Rattray 9 1
Darran Thomson 5 1
David DiMilta 7 11
Danny Griffin 14 4
Jay Shields 2 2
Michael McIlravey 1
Marc McCulloch 8 1
Jim Hamilton 4 3
Ian Nimmo 2
Robbie Ross 1 4
Mark Durnan 9 1
Paddy Dean

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Never realised Prunts hadn't won a medal til yesterday. No wonder he was emotional.

I hadn't realised that either, but it does explain the emotion yesterday. It also explains his reaction at full time last week against Elgin. He was on as a late sub, and when the full time whistle went, he really punched the air several times right in front of the fans behind the goal. At the time I looked and thought, 'wow, he is happy with the win". Now in hindsight it was as important to him as it was to the fans as it put him one game away from winning the league. 

Really pleased for him as he seems like a really great guy, and popular with his team mates. I think that he should have had more game time this season, but Dick persevered with Jimmy Scott instead.  Hope he will be still at Gayfield next season.

Edited by WT Figo

As much as I love Prunty, I'm not sure he'd be very high up on my list of players we need to get signed up. Think I'd keep the majority of the squad, with a few quality additions hopefully enough to see us fighting for promotion again.

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just watched the Forfar highlights. Grant Adam nutmegged twice. Couldn't happen to a better boy. What a sweet weekend this has been

a must watch... Grant Adam is a total fud. :thumsup2

I thought our support on Saturday was absolutely superb. I personally heard no negativity towards the players and a group of us sang for the entire game. Impeccably behaved as well according to the Stirling Albion chairman.

I thought our support on Saturday was absolutely superb. I personally heard no negativity towards the players and a group of us sang for the entire game. Impeccably behaved as well according to the Stirling Albion chairman.

Aye your support was class, wish it had been us in that position. Our support was decent to, atmosphere wise for a meaningless game (for us).

What I found funny was the delayed reaction from Arbroath fans when Annan had scored their 1st or 2nd. We all found out a good 20 minutes before you lot had realised :lol:

Someone started going mental about the 70th minute making everyone think it was 4-2 Annan. What a horrendous nail biting last 30. Even with about 85 gone I was sure Forfar were gonna get 2 but the 4th going in when it did was amazing.