The Arbroath Thread

Wolecki had him in 2005/6. He started well, but by the end of the season was a confidence-shot bombscare being kept out of the team by a 17 year old (Daryn Kelly).

That was a while ago, though.

Aye but in 2005 Hay would've been 17/18 himself?

19. He didn't sign until Jan 2006.

Didn't he become a policeman, anyway, hence unable to play in the SPFL? I thought's why he went to Formartine from the Hedgetrimmers.

The police seem to be quite relaxed about that now. I think the biggest problem is that first year in the police includes a lot of time at the college in Tulliallan so a player cannot really commit to a club. The same happened with Steven Milne.

19. He didn't sign until Jan 2006.

Didn't he become a policeman, anyway, hence unable to play in the SPFL? I thought's why he went to Formartine from the Hedgetrimmers.

Birthdays in June?

An 18 year old getting dropped for a 17 year old is hardly a big deal, just wondering why you pointed that out tbh :lol:

Any more word on the contracts offered to the players we currently have?

I think the biggest problem is that first year in the police includes a lot of time at the college in Tulliallan so a player cannot really commit to a club.

That was the reason Davie Irons quit the Stenny managers job if I remember correctly.

I see Sean Winter and Stephen Stirling have been released by Stranraer. They both seem to have good profiles, I wonder if they would be good targets and if any other fans know much about them?

Sean never stops running and gives his all every game, Steph like to be composed on the ball and be creative. Still don't know why they were released..