The Arbroath Thread

As well as gettimg results out of this team, I think he needs to create some kind of.relationship with the fans...Moore just didn't do this. Whether it be a Q&A at tutties or simply speaking to fans on twitter, he needs to do something. Sheerin did it and it was refreshing hearing the managers comments outside of the post match interview in the herald.

Curious appointment, which seems a little rushed.

Had thought an appointment would have been delayed until the end of the season when the situation would be reviewed based on Arbroath winning promotion via the play offs.

If we win promotion then all good - but thought any appointment this could have been delayed for a few weeks .

I have nothing negative to say about Todd, but seems this appointment has perhaps been made too quickly .

I am also a little surprised at the appointment before the season is concluded. Two games in charge and 4 points thrown away by conceding late equalisers, is hardly inspiring. But, I firmly believe that the Chairman and the Board have the best interest of the club at heart. They may well have seen some significant changes in the dressing room during those games, to realise that the players are happy and willing to play for him.

My initial thought when he got the caretaker role, was he was part of the problem since the new year. Then I put it into perspective and acknowledged that he was actually part of the winning mentality up until the new year, when Arbroath were entertaining and scoring for fun. So between him and Moore something was going well in the first half of the season and it was possibly Moore's man management skills that were the problem after that.

A decent result against Berwick and a decent performance in the play offs (hopefully successful too) will set him up well for next seasons and to get some quality players in. Don't forget many of the current squad will not be at Gayfield come kick off on 8 August so he will have plenty of work to do in the next 3 months.

Someone did say on one of the forums that Arbroath should appoint a foreign manager!!

Get behind Todd on Saturday and cheer the Lichties on to victory.

Well he wasnt my first choice but can only give him a chance to see what he wants to do with the squad.

If we had sacked Moore back at the start of March we could have brought in someone who could get a half dozen games and training sessions done to see who he wanted for next season or not. But the board waited far too long too decide so i think they have went for the safer option in giving TL the chance. He no doubt has some idea of who he wants for next season.

A new manager would pretty much go into the next season with little idea of which players to keep or how they would fit into his tactics.

Not quite sure what to make of that appointment, apart from be surprised a decision was made before the play-offs. Gut feeling is that appointing the assistant in an unsuccessful partnership never usually works.

Someone did say on one of the forums that Arbroath should appoint a foreign manager!!

Well, he is English

I did put a winking smilie after the foreign manager comment but it didn't come out when I posted! ;-0)

Is it definitely 2 year? Or is it maybe just to the end of this season then the next?

I'm not unhappy with Lumsden, I mean he deserves a chance, I think it's weird how Moore and Lumsden work together though, it's like nothing's changed apart from Moore not physically being there. Same ideas, same opinions etc. I just thought 'meh' as soon as I heard it.

How's Todds contacts? What's his career been like? Moore had been about and Sheerin before had played at a good level his whole career, plenty of contacts at St Johnstone and with players he had played with that still played, players he had played with that were now coaches at clubs, it was brilliant.

The last 2 appointments had a sense of freshness about them, something new exciting and different, Moore had a pedigree and Sheerin as a player manager was exciting and new, just don't feel like that this time around. I think I might if we do well in the playoffs but if we get papped out then it's going to be a long summer

Another thought, I always thought that if we got a new manager and face in before the play offs that all the players would be playing for new contracts and putting that bit extra in to win the new guy over, pretty sure they'll all have a good idea of who is getting punted etc now and might not be as up for the play off games now

Just meh right now tbh. Hope he changes my opinion

Todd's assistant will not be Allan Moore, or his previous number 2 James Ward, but his old teammate from Raith Rovers, Steve Hislop.

Steve is still playing in the Juniors- perhaps he'll be registered for Arbroath next season, too.

It's a bit of a strange one being half of the management team that ended in disaster then getting a 2 year deal out of it when moore had only 1 year. I guess they must have spoken to senior players and put the good 1st half down to Tod and the poor second to Moore. Hope it all works out superbly and we join rovers in league 1

It's a bit of a strange one being half of the management team that ended in disaster then getting a 2 year deal out of it when moore had only 1 year. I guess they must have spoken to senior players and put the good 1st half down to Tod and the poor second to Moore. Hope it all works out superbly and we join rovers in league 1

There's only 2 players signed for next season, maybe this group do like him, but for a lot of them they'll be gone next season so who cares?

The 'aiming for continuity' comments from Christison are baffling, why would we want continuity, has he not seen the last 4 month? Lumsdens got it on purely being a likeable guy it would seem