The Arbroath Thread

Stevie Thompson player manager, for no reason other than he is an absolute dreamboat

Haha I was thinking about that the day when I was reading the paper...

Be good to get a good player that's wanting into management/to play again like Sheerin

Players u would keep? For me, crawford, nicoll, whatley shagger and linn. On the maybe list, little, hunter, stewart.

Edit: probably like to see mcwalter get a good run so add him

I dont know about Crawford. Would have to wait and see if his knee has healed properly before signing him. At this level we cant afford to waste a wage.

But Crawford (If knee is healed), Little, Johnstone, McWalter, Whatley (if he isnt poached), Hunter, Linn, Nicoll, McManus.

Big rebuilding job ahead of us.

Stevie Thompson player manager, for no reason other than he is an absolute dreamboat

This was in the Herald last year

Thompson is taking his coaching badges "just in case it's a path I end up going down" but insists retirement is not imminent. "I don't feel any different now to how I felt five years ago. When I first came back to Scotland two years ago people asked whether I could still cut it aged 33. Now I'm coming up for 35 but my aims are just the same. I think I've got another couple of seasons left in me anyway."

I dont know about Crawford. Would have to wait and see if his knee has healed properly before signing him. At this level we cant afford to waste a wage.

But Crawford (If knee is healed), Little, Johnstone, McWalter, Whatley (if he isnt poached), Hunter, Linn, Nicoll, McManus.

Big rebuilding job ahead of us.

any updates on McManus?a bad knee injury at his age could be curtains

Brian Kerr in paper saying he's wanting job

I'd be delighted with this, love the guy

Sure he doesn't work outwith football, sure I seen that somewhere, his 3 years in the Newcastle 1st team squad and his 6 years playing SPL must have seen him comfortable, could be wrong though?

If he doesn't work he could take the Paul Hartley approach, mind listening to an interview from him where he said he'd spend his days taking in youth and reserve games scouting players and visiting different clubs to see training etc

His playing days will have gave him a lot of contacts, he was also a tidy footballer so I'd expect him to want to play the right way

Only 33, done things with us, well liked, give him it I say

Great news if true. When he was last a manager he had the hardest job in Scottish football, even harder than Paul Martin's the previous season, in charge of a worse team in a tougher league.

His mistreatment by Albion Rovers was lower-profile than James Ward's but just as ugly- so I'll be happy to see Arbroath give him the proper chance he deserves.