The Arbroath Thread

hands up at start of the season would have taken Moore but I'm happy we plumped for Ferguson teams starting to show improvement and building for next season

ps what length was moore's deal is it a big compensation deal for arbroath

hands up at start of the season would have taken Moore but I'm happy we plumped for Ferguson teams starting to show improvement and building for next season

ps what length was moore's deal is it a big compensation deal for arbroath

1 year deal he had

Alright lads, here's 3000-odd words about Arbroath's decline over the past few months - CLICK.

Weird to think that the Lichties might still win promotion at the end of the year but it's been one weird season.

Shouts to yer boi Simon Lichtie for some of the insight in here.

If there's any major mistakes, please write a comment below; it's the only way I'll learn.

Good article, pretty accurate overall though I think whenever you say our record over 15 games, it should be 16 (I.e. we've got 1 win in 16 in 2015) though that would count the Hibs game. Maybe Moore will be available now for THHP podcast..?

Alright lads, here's 3000-odd words about Arbroath's decline over the past few months - CLICK.

Weird to think that the Lichties might still win promotion at the end of the year but it's been one weird season.

If there's any major mistakes, please write a comment below; it's the only way I'll learn.

Very very good article. Sums the situation up very well.

Depressing reading it.

Getting a bit of a slating in work this morning, start of January I was bigging up Moore big time.... Havering pish like the Messiah of Arbroath FC etc.

Egg on the face today :lol:

Good article, pretty accurate overall though I think whenever you say our record over 15 games, it should be 16 (I.e. we've got 1 win in 16 in 2015) though that would count the Hibs game. Maybe Moore will be available now for THHP podcast..?

Cheers, changed that to "league matches" in the opening paragraph.

Might be someone to look about speaking with in the future - he's certainly got a story to tell.

Very very good article. Sums the situation up very well.

Depressing reading it.

Getting a bit of a slating in work this morning, start of January I was bigging up Moore big time.... Havering pish like the Messiah of Arbroath FC etc.

Egg on the face today :lol:

At least you're not the only one....

Allan Moore:

“I keep saying we are going to win the league and Todd keeps telling me not to say it.

“If we don’t win and I have egg on my face, then fair enough."

Linky

A very good article over the piece, I think if i'd been attempted similar I would have ended up hitting 5000 + words and boring everyone to tears :lol:

Is there anyone on this forum mental enough to be blaming the board for not providing funds/ not appointing the 'right man' etc etc?

I've seen some absolutely farcial comments in other places blaming the board for not providing funds to strengthen the squad (absolute nonsense, as proven by Moore's comments a few months ago in The Courier) and saying they need to appoint the right man this time :lol: Personally I think they've got the last two appointments (Sheerin and Moore) absolutely spot on. Moore's appointment was absolutely the correct choice with the options that were available at the time, how on earth were they to know that he'd completely lose the plot after such a good start?

Excellent as ever Francesc but please stop referring to EF's ground as New Bayview, its just plain Bayview Stadium. I'm slowly but surely getting the national hacks to fall in line but Skysports are proving difficult to win over!