The Arbroath Thread

As with every season were in this league reasonably good. Now we've got a proven manager I'm quite hopeful.

I know it was a while back but what happened with Allan Moore? He started really well with you guys did he not?

I know it was a while back but what happened with Allan Moore? He started really well with you guys did he not?

Won 15 out of 18 then we were 2-0 up v Montrose at new year, went back to 2-2 then we missed a penalty then I think he lost the plot and the team sort of started falling out with him over the weeks, he got sacked and his assistant replaced him.

Won 15 games I think since that game against Montrose in January 2015... All gone tits up since that game against Montrose.

Back in safe hands now with Campbell though and we've made some good signings so fingers crossed.

Won 15 out of 18 then we were 2-0 up v Montrose at new year, went back to 2-2 then we missed a penalty then I think he lost the plot and the team sort of started falling out with him over the weeks, he got sacked and his assistant replaced him.

Won 15 games I think since that game against Montrose in January 2015... All gone tits up since that game against Montrose.

Back in safe hands now with Campbell though and we've made some good signings so fingers crossed.

He ws a good player at St Johnstone (Allan Moore) but he was a wee dick from what I was told......so hardly surprising he fell out with everyone!

Good luck this season :)

Have heard about a young keeper from United that is now a free, most likely be a number 2 at us, so might stop any possible loan from happening?

Just have to wait and find out I suppose. Cant be long now surely pre season starts next week

4 weeks without a signing. :(

Joe mcgovern???

36 year old and turned down a deal with Partick Thistle

post-14721-14658105908921_thumb.jpg

What a signing that would be. Never played much last season but was a Prem regular season before

Eta: Hearts are after him and all as a player/coach :lol:

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I suspect the only way Paul Gallacher would sign for us is if he has decided he wanted to get away from full time football and wind down his football career while getting into another career outside of football. If this is the case and we could get him it'd be a fantastic signing on the surface.

1 Goalkeeper to be signed on loan from either Dundee, Dundee Utd or Aberdeen is the rumour and another keep will be signed. It is possible that Rab Douglas might still sign on at the club but in a coaching role rather than playing role as he has supposedly hung up his boots.

Heard that Dick Campbell offered Rab a deal but Rab was keen on last season being his last playing one. Can only assume he's wanting to get into permanent goalkeeping coaching.

As for potential loans - Well we currently have 3 keepers on our books, Bain, David Mitchell and Kyle Gourley. Mitchell is our back up and I can't see us allowing him to go on loan as he'll gain nothing, he's experienced at a higher level and is 27. Gourley, however, is coming up for 18 and he has the potential to be the real deal. There's been quite a bit of hype about him since he joined as a youth. As you'd probably expect though, a 17 year old keeper is not exactly the most reliable so I'd expect you to be taking someone from United or Aberdeen rather than us at the moment.

Pre Season training starts this week I have heard, hopefully news of some more signings and maybe some trialists taking part. Also heard Aberdeen confirmed for a friendly, apologies if this has already been posted.

Pre season starts tonight.