The Arbroath Thread

"Allan Moore stunned after being sacked by Arbroath"

If he is genuinely 'stunned', I'm bloody stunned at him being stunned!! The writing was on the wall and everyone could see this coming. Allan Moore has been involved in football for a long time, and I don't for a second believe he was so surprised by this. Surely he knew the board had been thinking about this, the fans were extremely unhappy and he week after week he wasn't getting the reactions from the players that he was looking for?

"Moore’s assistant Todd Lumsden has been given the chance to take over on an interim basis, but has not yet agreed to do so."

Not sure at all how I feel about this if it came to fruition. With Todd and Allan Moore working closely together in their job outside of football, I would have expected both of them to go together. If Todd wants to take it up till the end of the season fair enough, but personally I would prefer that we go with Shags/ Nicoll/ McBride or whatever for the final few games of the season then get a fresh man in to get things in place for next season.

"Results from Christmas time have not been good but there were reasons for that and we would have had a fuller squad for the run-in so the decision hurts.”

We have been unlucky with injuries in the last few weeks I agree, but what about the other 3 months of this dreadful run we've had? The majority of the time we've had the players available, many of which he signed, and we've not been good enough to get the results we required. We have at least half a dozen individual players who're top end League 2 players (almost all of which were not signed by Allan Moore, he inherited them), so questions have to be asked when he has been unable to get them performing for such a long period of time.

Moore added: “I am upset that I have not been given the full season and disappointed to be told over the phone on a Sunday afternoon after spending several hours with the Board on Saturday coming back from Elgin.”

While I see what he is getting at, I'm sure the board needed time to discuss this between themselves before coming to a final decision. I also don't think it would have been wise to tell him he's sacked 30 minutes into a 3/4 hour bus ride home..... can you imagine the atmosphere on the bus if they'd done that?! :lol:

I can't help but be slightly amused that the last interaction Allan Moore had with our fans was my dad telling him 'We're not happy Allan' as he boarded the bus post match, to which Moore turned round and responded 'Neither am I'.

A combination of injuries, players being ill, loan signings being cut short , loss of form from a few players and simple bad luck has resulted in Moore losing his job.

Moore's management skills were outstanding for the first half of the season - Arbroath were unstoppable, but after xmas something went wrong - including a dip in form from a number of key players.

It's never easy when a manager loses his job and hopefully Moore will bounce back into management soon - I wish him all the best and he deserves praise and credit for leaving Arbroath sitting 3rd in the league with the play offs in sight.

Barry Robson as a player manager could be a good call.

Time for the 'broath to get ready for the play off battles.

We still have a decent chance of winning promotion.

C'mon the 'broath.

Where and when is Mondays AGM take place?

I believe that the AGM is for shareholders only and they will have been sent the details of where & when. I would imagine that it will be at the club, though.

Semi- 6th and 9th May

Final- 13th and 16th May

As I understand it, Arbroath will be at home for the first leg if they finish 3rd or 4th.

4th plays 2nd bottom in League 1 and 3rd plays 2nd.

The board could do a lot worse than look at Charlie King, he's turned around Brechin Vics in more ways than one he's brought professionalism and teamwork to a club that was shambolic, he's brought in new training methods, along with a enthusiasm to succeed and develop young players.

More importantly he has players playing for him, something vital in the push for promotion.

This is something lower league teams need to think about instead of paying out massively for old timer seasoned ex pros with none very little management or coaching experience.

Possibly a out of the air thought but the board needs to think of the future development and at a minimum risk investment.

If you look at the job James Fowler has done at QOS. They took a chance when he showed potential and it's paying dividends just now.

IMO the next manager should be willing to play youngsters, and the board over the coming months should be doing all it can to raise money to fund a youth team. The players we had last year would've been good enough to slot in to cover for injuries and would save needless loan deals.

Totally agree with clubs binning the manager merry go round ...

Certainly Not as bad as it used to be in fairness when the same 6 names* appeared for every job who failed at most clubs in charge and i always wondered why if u were shite at your job in football it seemed to be the in thing that you got a job no probs even if u had been sacked three times prior,Must be the only profession!!

Anyway Lot o clyde support wanted Moore(i never) so sort o glad we missed that one but neither sayin our current gaffer will do the job,Time will tell

*Paul Hegarty.Jocky Scott.Ian Munro.Tom Hendrie.John Coughlin.John Connolly & not to forget biggest culprit Alex Smith to name but a few.. Feel free to add

Edited by shawfield shed boy

The board could do a lot worse than look at Charlie King, he's turned around Brechin Vics in more ways than one he's brought professionalism and teamwork to a club that was shambolic, he's brought in new training methods, along with a enthusiasm to succeed and develop young players.

More importantly he has players playing for him, something vital in the push for promotion.

This is something lower league teams need to think about instead of paying out massively for old timer seasoned ex pros with none very little management or coaching experience.

Possibly a out of the air thought but the board needs to think of the future development and at a minimum risk investment.

If you look at the job James Fowler has done at QOS. They took a chance when he showed potential and it's paying dividends just now.

Was down watchinhg brechin vics on Saturday there. Seem like a passionate bunch but the mighty arbroath vics pulled through, cracking goals. See what you mean though!

Was down watchinhg brechin vics on Saturday there. Seem like a passionate bunch but the mighty arbroath vics pulled through, cracking goals. See what you mean though!

Mate was telling me he scored a screamer on Saturday v Brechin, spoof or? :P