The Arbroath Thread

Rumour says that Murray will be at Forfar on loan next season. They have quite the ex lichties squad going on. Can't believe Travis couldn't get a game in a defence with no defenders but plays week in week out for Forfar.

One of the best defenders in League One at the moment as well.

I'd be happy with Murray, we have been needing a proper goalscorer since we had the great idea of releasing McManus.

Cant understand where this club is going?

I mean how many youth players did we keep from last seasons strong u19 team?

Even over the years how many have we brought through and actually played in the first team that was any good. Last one i can think of that was any good was Nicky Smith. Birse looked ok sometimes.

I really think the club should start having a policy of bringing more youth players thru. Not signing duds like Milne, Buchan, Bayne, Lyndsey, Yao, Etc over the years.

Cant understand where this club is going?

I mean how many youth players did we keep from last seasons strong u19 team?

Even over the years how many have we brought through and actually played in the first team that was any good. Last one i can think of that was any good was Nicky Smith. Birse looked ok sometimes.

I really think the club should start having a policy of bringing more youth players thru. Not signing duds like Milne, Buchan, Bayne, Lyndsey, Yao, Etc over the years.

Forfar not have a fantastic youth set up aswell?

Why can we not compete? Them and Brechin always seem to beat us to players and steal ours off us.

Every single week, apart from Ayr and Airdrie we seem to have the biggest part time club home gate, even when were not doing so well.

Where are we going wrong?

Think one of the problems is that we have board members that dont enough money to invest in the club. But also the club seems rather backward thinking when it comes to raising extra funds.

Little things like having an incentive to bring kids to the games for free. Maybe just have a collection tin at the pie stand that people can put money in to go towards a youth team fund.

got to be other ideas out there.

If Arbroath can win this weekend and East Fife get beat, we will have as good as secured a position in the play offs.

Good luck to all the players, management and the fans making the long trip to the Highlands.

On another matter, Arbroath do a great deal for kids season tickets - only £30 for a kids season ticket.

C'mon the 'broath.

I loved Moore for that 1st half of the season he gave us was fantastic watching us sweep aside teams, I have no idea what the f**k happened. Montrose 2-2 was the 1st turning point, the players lost a bit of confidence there but we were still playing ok for a while, but then after we pummelled East Stirling and still got beat I think that's when he lost the dressing room completely with going ott in berating the lads. His January signings were no use either.

I liked what he did for us but I've got a wee bit of a sense of relief that he's gone, the last few months have been piss poor and I had become totally disinterested in us

Bit of freshening up before the end of the season, everybody has something to play for again

Despite the HUGE drop in form I'm surprised they've got rid. If they had so little confidence in him then I'm not sure why he wasn't punted when the title was still a possibility instead of now.

Because nobody thought it would become THIS bad under him. We have thrown away the league but I thought he would have picked us up again for the play offs, it hasn't happened

Genuinely feel bad for Moore. He's had an absolutely torrid time of it, after being in charge of our best finish post-admin. Hope he finds his feet again (although his sacking is understandable, obviously)