The Arbroath Thread

Great feeling tonight and hopefully more to come. 
Not the complete performance by any means but when you get the points who cares?! 

Have to say I’m delighted for Hilson. He’s taken a lot of criticism but actually think he’s looked sharp this season and can’t doubt his dedication. In recent years he’s done so much running to try and help the team defensively which I Think may go under the radar. Brilliant finish tonight and hopefull the first of many. 

I’ve been off here a lot recently because it’s been incredibly depressing, I have been and felt the same after some results and just kind of ignored football altogether a lot of weeks because I simply cannot be arsed with it. That’s how bad this season has been, today is the kind of day that makes all that shite worth it I am tucking buzzing and going to savour it right the way through to Friday 😂

I think we have alot of good players in that squad now. Dow and Hetherington are solid 7/10 every week types for me. Balde very hit and miss but alot of potential there. They’ll be good next year regardless of league we’re in. Forgetting about the ‘Full Time’ players we have and the loans we signed in January they 3 are the perfect example of the players we should be trying to get in the summer 

Enjoy your weekend lads

There's been a lot of negativity on here, I've been plenty negative myself, but I'm so impressed at how our new fans have stuck with the team.  I mind watching games against Stenny where they didn't even bother opening the terracing at all, so it was great to see a big turnout.  And generally, all those new fans and youngsters who have started watching the club in the last couple of years have really impressed me.  I expected the more casual element of our support to thin out once the results turned bad, but fair play to them, they are still there and still cheering the team!  

Also loved the fact that we (myself included) cheered our lucky 1-0 win like we had won the Scottish cup.  

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

There's been a lot of negativity on here, I've been plenty negative myself, but I'm so impressed at how our new fans have stuck with the team.  I mind watching games against Stenny where they didn't even bother opening the terracing at all, so it was great to see a big turnout.  And generally, all those new fans and youngsters who have started watching the club in the last couple of years have really impressed me.  I expected the more casual element of our support to thin out once the results turned bad, but fair play to them, they are still there and still cheering the team!  

Also loved the fact that we (myself included) cheered our lucky 1-0 win like we had won the Scottish cup.  

To be fair, a couple more lucky one nils, might just keep us up

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Derek Gaston on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties fantastic 1-0 win against top of the table Queens Park last night. It’s back to back awards for the big stopper. 

4A7C7CDA-8537-4947-994B-103A70265D71.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Got to love the drum

You certainly don’t need to love it. Petulant wee dicks banging it as well need some sort of discipline. Arguing with stewards will get you nowhere lads. 

Brilliant to follow last week up with such a positive result. Banks might be our signing of the season. I know Oakley was good but Banks is a much better footballer. 

On 25/03/2023 at 17:05, TASC_1878 said:

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Derek Gaston on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties fantastic 1-0 win against top of the table Queens Park last night. It’s back to back awards for the big stopper. 

4A7C7CDA-8537-4947-994B-103A70265D71.jpeg

Gats was regularly pilloried @ Cappielow....and I was amongst that number.

Have to say Derek....you're a better goalkeeper now than you were when you left Cappielow.

9 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

You certainly don’t need to love it. Petulant wee dicks banging it as well need some sort of discipline. Arguing with stewards will get you nowhere lads. 

Brilliant to follow last week up with such a positive result. Banks might be our signing of the season. I know Oakley was good but Banks is a much better footballer. 

Banks was great tonight but of course Oakley is a better footballer- just younger.