The Arbroath Thread

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-championship/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SC2

1956 average home attendance. What ashame we’ve been so terrible. Also that Inverness one is extremely suspect the place is always deed

Really really really hope we can stay in the division cause I think we could kick on 

After listening to Pink interview on podcast in regards to what happened in summer and the mistakes made and how they’ve realised this and acknowledged it for going forward there’s absolutely nobody else other than him and Dick and Rab etc that I would want to see in charge of our club going forward regardless of what happens this season 

7 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Playing for a brilliant club though 

No doubt, nothing wrong with the Bankies and I wish them well in their ongoing quest to move up the leagues. However, it’s a fair comedown from where he was 9 months ago. He’ll be a great acquisition for Clydebank so long as he stays injury free or doesn’t spit the dummy.

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

I was very unimpressed with how he finished with us but I do hope Morton sign him next season. He’s a Championship standard player. 

Why would Morton sign him next season? He’s getting old, is injury prone and has an attitude problem. Loved him as a player for us but I’m glad he’s out of the league and unlikely to ever play against us. I would have hated him coming back to Gayfield, not because he might play well or score against us, more the fans reaction. I’m not even sure how I would react but I can imagine many/most of our fans (possibly me too) would give him a poor reception and I would hate to see it.

Arbroath gave him the chance to resurrect his career and he fecked it imo, he’ll probably slip away now, couple of years in the depths of the senior setup and then retire.

I'm so glad he's not going to be playing against us.  He would strike fear into my heart if he was lining up for a championship club.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After listening to Pink interview on podcast in regards to what happened in summer and the mistakes made and how they’ve realised this and acknowledged it for going forward there’s absolutely nobody else other than him and Dick and Rab etc that I would want to see in charge of our club going forward regardless of what happens this season 

I listened to this as well, it sounds like they learned lessons, and we have a much better structure in place going forwards.

I see today as being fairly straightforward in many ways - if we play our best players in the right positions, with the right shape I think we'll win. If we keep our best attacking players on the bench and leave a stack of space in the centre of the park, we'll get done. Today is hugely reliant on Dick utilising the players properly, and if he does I'm very confident we'll get a result. I am, however, not hugely confident Dick will do that....