The Arbroath Thread

If we lose to Cove on Sat and Hamilton beat Inverness we could slip to bottom of the table on goal difference - losing on Sat is not an option and the time of testing players in different positions is over.

Regarding Henderson, he was a quality player at Gayfield - we are missing having him in the squad, but he wanted full time football and to be in the regular starting 11 - something Arbroath were unable to offer. He would be a stand out player in our current squad.

Q - some seething Red Lichtie fans, but..............................

Kane Hester is a natural goalscorer (not saying a great player) but a forward who knows how to score.

Is he a better player than when he was shown the door at Gayfield, I would say he is and the doubters who say he cannot do it at Championship level well his goal on Saturday against Ayr Utd proved he can (which i believe was his 25th goal this season).

He would be more of a goal threat than some of the signings we had on board at the start of the season.

I would certainly like to have him in my "squad" of players but unsure if him and Shank's are too similar but i would say either of those players has to play up front with a big strong striker.

Anyway each to their own and those are my thoughts. 

14 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Kane Hester is a natural goalscorer (not saying a great player) but a forward who knows how to score.

Is he a better player than when he was shown the door at Gayfield, I would say he is and the doubters who say he cannot do it at Championship level well his goal on Saturday against Ayr Utd proved he can (which i believe was his 25th goal this season).

He would be more of a goal threat than some of the signings we had on board at the start of the season.

I would certainly like to have him in my "squad" of players but unsure if him and Shank's are too similar but i would say either of those players has to play up front with a big strong striker.

Hester would walk into the Cove starting XI. Got pace, good movement and is instinctive in front of goal. For me, he would be get goals in the Championship and as you say alongside a target man would thrive.

To think of the strikers we've seen so far in the Championship this season. Likes of McDonagh, McIntosh, Weston, Hilson, Donnelly, Frederickson, Kyle Connell, Cillian Sheridan to name a few. Not saying he'd be a regular starter for the promotion chasers but certainly is capable and would be an asset.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

14 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Think their would be a good few teams like to take a chance on Hester but with that court case still on going(No idea why)nobody will.

31 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Think their would be a good few teams like to take a chance on Hester but with that court case still on going(No idea why)nobody will.

Yeah, goal scorers are like hen’s teeth in Scotland just now so someone getting 30+ in a competitive L2 should be getting snapped up by a team higher up the food chain. Understand the off field stuff will be a factor but still surprise no one has taken a punt.

43 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, goal scorers are like hen’s teeth in Scotland just now so someone getting 30+ in a competitive L2 should be getting snapped up by a team higher up the food chain. Understand the off field stuff will be a factor but still surprise no one has taken a punt.

I think its telling that no one has taken a punt.  I mean clubs are willing to give Goodwillie a chance.  So why has nobody come in for Hester?

5 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Dick in the Courier -

"The players were down by the Raith score but look at what they’ve gone and done since."  What????

Did I miss something?  Just havering again I suppose.

I presume he means what Raith have done since. An unwarranted insult from you. 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

Dick in the Courier -

"The players were down by the Raith score but look at what they’ve gone and done since."  What????

Did I miss something?  Just havering again I suppose.

I take it he means that Raith have made the Challenge cup final and Scottish Cup Quarter Final