The Arbroath Thread

42 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Hamilton’s win against Thistle and draw against Dundee we’re both against the run of play - press reports on these games suggest that Hamilton were very fortunate to get anything from these games - I am not convinced they have found their form, more like some good luck and fortune, rather than playing good football.

This Saturday, hopefully all players will be played in their strongest positions, the time for testing players positions and formations is over - hopefully no more wholesale substitutions either, changing 3 players at a time has not worked and needs binned.

Could be around 1000 Arbroath fans travelling through, maybe more - would be a great time to find our form.

Looking forward to the match.

A post made up entirely of wishful thinking.

Whether Hamilton played well or not is immaterial. They took points from these games and that’s all that matters. They’re on a good run of results and success breeds success. I watched them twice on tv last week and they looked significantly better than us imo.

I think we can all agree with your second point about formations and substitutions etc but why do you think things will suddenly change on Saturday? Dick has been doing this all season so can’t see him changing his approach now, we all know how stubborn he is.

I would be (pleasantly) astonished if we have anything like 1k fans at Cove. We’ve had game after game of disappointment this season and a lot of fans are, justifiably scunnered. It would be magic to have a big, noisy following for this game but I just can’t see it.

I’m also looking forward to it but mostly because it’s a home game for me as I live in Aberdeen and I’m having a few pre and post match beers.

Edited by Tattie36

It will be a good support but anything like 1000 is miles off it. 3 supporters buses will be ~150 or so accounted for but I can't see another 850 driving/train up. I'm going up on train with 15 or so mates, first time I've gotten the train to a game in ages with strikes etc so looking forward to it. 

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

It will be a good support but anything like 1000 is miles off it. 3 supporters buses will be ~150 or so accounted for but I can't see another 850 driving/train up. I'm going up on train with 15 or so mates, first time I've gotten the train to a game in ages with strikes etc so looking forward to it. 

I dunno, can see it being similar to Montrose away. Not 1000 though probably more like the away support we had at Dens. 700/800 

16 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Whether Hamilton played well or not is immaterial. They took points from these games and that’s all that matters. They’re on a good run of results and success breeds success. I watched them twice on tv last week and they looked significantly better than us imo.

I think we can all agree with your second point about formations and substitutions etc but why do you think things will suddenly change on Saturday? Dick has been doing this all season so can’t see him changing his approach now, we all know how stubborn he is.

I would be (pleasantly) astonished if we have anything like 1k fans at Cove. We’ve had game after game of disappointment this season and a lot of fans are, justifiably scunnered. It would be magic to have a big, noisy following for this game but I just can’t see it.

I’m also looking forward to it but mostly because it’s a home game for me as I live in Aberdeen and I’m having a few pre and post match beers.

Lads Club under 14s would look better than us in your eyes to be fair 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Lads Club under 14s would look better than us in your eyes to be fair 

😆

Not quite but it is hard to take many positives from the season so far.

I’m actually normally quite positive when it comes to Arbroath FC but this season has ground me down.

Granted, I’ve not been at every game this season but I’ve not seen one game, in person, where we’ve looked decent for 90 minutes. Perhaps the second half of the Morton home game and flashes here and there.

I would love nothing more than a good performance and result on Saturday but I’m just being realistic as opposed to negative.

43 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

A post made up entirely of wishful thinking.

The sports reporter's who wrote reviews of these two games suggested that Hamilton were fortunate to pick up points from these games - perhaps their reviews were wrong, perhaps Hamilton were worthy of collecting these points - the post was based on what I had read from professional sports journalists.

A few pubs are running buses to the match - no guarantee there will be 1000 Arbroath fans, but I don't think it's unrealistic, but would expect a minimum of at least 700 attending.

39 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

1000? Where do you get your numbers Clashy? Cloud cuckoo land where you spend the majority of your life? 

You actually make some good points quite often - but your obsession with one poster is really weird :lol: I've no idea how someone you don't even know winds you up so much just by having an opinion and maintaining a positive outlook on things where possible. I disagree with quite a lot the man says, but I don't follow him around an online forum commenting on everything he says..... how does he wind you up so much? :lol: 

Relax, let people have their opinions and give your own. Disagree with people all you want, but maybe be a wee bit less of a p***k about it? :)

11 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Hamilton's last 5 games have seen the same outcome as ours, 2 wins, 2 defeats and a draw. No doubt they have improved but so have we, its going to be a 3 way dog fight, I have a feeling Cove will be bottom and our selves and Hamilton fighting out for 8th/9th

Were they not 5 unbeaten in all competitions going into Friday? 

I guess we’ll find out soon enough just how we compare with Cove and Accies. By this time in 18 days we will have played them both, away from home… not a bad thing. Beat them both and I’ll feel confident we can turn this round; 4 points and it’s still all to play for - anything less and it’s going to be incredibly difficult.

Between those games we have Partick at home, not expecting anything there, we haven’t even scored against them this season in 3 attempts and, no doubt they’ll have the new manager bounce by then.

Until then it’s all just conjecture… from me too.

Just watched Liam Henderson have an excellent game for Falkirk in midfield. His determination, distribution and lay-off for one of the goals was excellent, not to mention the goal that he scored. Just wish he was still with us because what we are lacking is someone like him.

Falkirk also played with two wingers which stretched Darvel, something I think we should be doing.

8 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Just watched Liam Henderson have an excellent game for Falkirk in midfield. His determination, distribution and lay-off for one of the goals was excellent, not to mention the goal that he scored. Just wish he was still with us because what we are lacking is someone like him.

Falkirk also played with two wingers which stretched Darvel, something I think we should be doing.

Welcome to the Liam Henderson fan club. 

22 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Henderson was very impressive as was Morrison, Kennedy and a couple of others to be fair to Falkirk. McGlynn has turned them in the right direction. 

To be honest watching Falkirk play like that tonight with speed, width, high on confidence and some players who could be in Championship squads gives me the fear of finishing 9th. If it's us that's in the relegation playoff given the state we are in right this moment I could write the headline/script already.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I absolutely loved Liam Henderson and after tonight that hasn’t changed, I think if anything he has added more to his game, I was totally gutted when he left 🇱🇻⚽️ That pass for the 2nd goal, His header for the 3rd then the way he wins the ball for the 4th, Sensational, He just plays the game so well and makes everything look effortless, His performances for us last season especially the games against Kilmarnock in the 3 we won he was outstanding and chipped in with some amazing goals too.